We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with 3 Beds?

Which San Luis Obispo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
5,873 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with 3 Beds?

I will be staying with family over the 4th of July holiday weekend (Friday and Saturday nights) and am looking for a hotel room with 3 beds. The Madonna Inn is booked up, unfortunately, and I have not had luck finding other hotels that can accommodate us (3 adults). Does anyone have any suggestions? I looked up AirBNB and VRBO and turned up nothing. Target Price is $200/night but can pay more for the right place. Sofa beds and the like are acceptable.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,018 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with 3 Beds?

What about Embassy Suites? The one I stayed in in Portland OR had two queen beds and a sleeper sofa.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,018 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with 3 Beds?

Quality Inn and Suites on Monterey has a few suites left @ $250.00 a night. Looks like Embassy Suites is booked up for that weekend. At this point, I suggest you go with what you can find right now. You and I both know how crazy busy it gets here over that holiday.

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
5,873 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with 3 Beds?

Thanks, Kibbles! The Quality Inn & Suites looks just right. I'll go ahead and book now; the extra few bucks is worth the peace of mind.

True story: I know it gets busy around town for the 4th of July, but I've never actually been in SLO for the holiday. I was always away for summer break when I was in college. Any can't-miss activities going on that weekend? I'm sure we'll want to see fireworks, and I'll look up event listings before we go, but tips are always appreciated.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,018 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with 3 Beds?

I hunker down on the 4th of July. The influx of "valley" people keeps me indoors, lol!! Only been to the Pismo fireworks show once or twice over the 2 1/2 decades I've lived here. This I know.... every street in/around Pismo/Grover is closed off by the police. I kid you not! You have to get into town REALLY early, find a place to park and just hang around until after the show. The few times we went down for the fireworks show, we walked from home. They even close Highway 1/Dolliver Street!! Pismo gets C-R-A-Z-Y on the 4th. Meaning... it's a difficult place to get into or drive through.

I had a co-worker once that booked a room at the Shore Cliff Lodge and she invited everyone to come over to see the fireworks. That actually worked out nicely, but I'm sure everything on that bluff is fully booked by now.

Visalia, CA
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with 3 Beds?

Maybe Oxford Suites in Pismo beach.

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with 3 Beds?

I was going to suggest Oxford too in Arroyo Grande-Pismo. But hopefully Quality Inn worked out.

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
5,873 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with 3 Beds?

Just a quick note to say that the Quality Suites worked well. The sofa top was more comfortable than its interior sofabed, but I suppose that is the case with most of them (including my own). We'll be sure to book the Madonna Inn further in advance in the future, as the one night in the Sky Room was quite nice and it would have been enjoyable to spend all nights there (even if the Wi-Fi was wonky).

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,018 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel with 3 Beds?

Thanks for reporting back, davdaven. Glad the lodging situation worked out for you.

Edited: 15 July 2014, 01:05
9. Re: Hotel with 3 Beds?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about San Luis Obispo