We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Hearst Castle tours should I choose?

Which San Simeon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Which Hearst Castle tours should I choose?

I am getting ready to buy a gift voucher to Hearst Castle for my parents. Does anyone have any advice which 2 tours I should pick? I'm thinking Tour #1 and the Evening Tour. However, I am wondering which 2 tours make the best combination. I want to avoid picking 2 tours that repeat a lot of the same rooms, information, etc. I'm also wondering what time the Evening Tour starts and ends (my parents aren't night owls).

Thank you for your advice!

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
23,341 posts
5,363 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Hearst Castle tours should I choose?

You might want to visit the Hearst Castle

http://www.hearstcastle.org/

as it will describe the tours in more detail.

Having said that we have been on all the tours....

and the one you should definitely buy is Tour #1. It is a very good overview tour and well worth it.

The evening tours start between 6 and 7:30 or so (depends on time of year) and lasts about 2 hours....so as long as they stay up till 10 you would be ok.

I liked the behind the scenes tours also - but one is enough if you decide that the evening tour is too late.

If your parents like knowing more about building, etc.I would probably do either Tour1 and a behind the scenes tour or Evening Tour and a behind the scenes tour.

Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Hearst Castle tours should I choose?

That helps. I really appreciate it.

3. Re: Which Hearst Castle tours should I choose?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 07:22