We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hearst Garden Tour

Which San Simeon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
205 reviews
Save Topic
Hearst Garden Tour

Has anyone taken the Hearst Castle Garden Tour? We will be there late July. We are trying to decide if we want to take both Tour 1 and the garden tour, or just Tour 1. If we take both tours it will cut our time in Monterey. Any input on the Garden Tour would be appreciated. Did you think it was worth it? How strenuous is the tour? Anything else you might have to say about it. Thanks.

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
5,851 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hearst Garden Tour

I've taken both Tours 1 (the Experience Tour) and 4 (the Garden Tour). Both were good, and both function well as introductory tours to Hearst Castle. Both tours include the Neptune and Roman Pools, and Tour 1 includes the film and has a little less walking. I suggest the first tour for first-time visitors, and I don't believe it's necessary to do both tours on one visit because of the slight redundancy. The time will be better spent in Monterey.

2. Re: Hearst Garden Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 18:18