We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one day in Santa Barbara - where to eat

Which Santa Barbara hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa ON
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Topic
one day in Santa Barbara - where to eat

Hello!!

My husband and I are planning out 1st California trip mid May. We spend 2 days in Ventura for family business, the next night in Santa Barbara, then a drive up the coast to San Francisco

Could we have a recommendation for a fabulous, once in a lifetime dinner in Santa Barbara? We want the mood! the food!! the views!! We want to make the most of our one day!

Thanks for any response to my post, and I enjoy these forums very much!!

6happytravellers in Ottawa CANADA

(although we will be leaving the 4 little travellers behind!)

Topanga, California
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one day in Santa Barbara - where to eat

http://www.chowhound.com/boards/2

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
705 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: one day in Santa Barbara - where to eat

Unfortunately you will have to compromise on some of these. Most of the views and the best food are not in the same place.

Although Miro or the Biltmore may have both. Not sure of the views.

Some places to consider: Biltmore, Miro-at the Bacara resort, Stonehouse-(they did have some good views of the hills if you eat outside), Wine Cask, Downeys, Bouchon.

Biltmore had some nice views from the bar-patio area, so you might start with a cocktail there.

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
1,860 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: one day in Santa Barbara - where to eat

The Miro at the Bacara Resort or the Bella Vista at the Biltmore 4 Seasons Resort are your best bets for the combination of view and once in a lifetime dining. Consider making a reservation to get yourself the best table.

More everyday dining (good food) with a great view can be found at Brophy Brothers restaurant at the Harbor; Fresco at the Beach in the Santa Barbara Inn; the Brown Pelican at Arroyo Burro Beach County Park; and the Beachside Bar Cafe at Goleta Beach County Park.

Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: one day in Santa Barbara - where to eat

Stella Mare's has very good (though not spectacular) food and a nice view if you sit in the Greenhouse. Ask for a table in the Greenhouse.

www.stellamares.com

5. Re: one day in Santa Barbara - where to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 18:19