We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best spas

New York
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
best spas

Hi, Can anyone give good recommendations on the best spas in Santa Barbara (or other areas of California) that are resort/destination spas.

Unfortunately, we don't have enough money to do "luxury" spas. But we want to find a nice getaway spa that would include meals, a place where we can get some fresh air, etc., and costs no more than $250 per night.

I know that isn't a lot of money for spas, per se, but maybe someone out there knows of some special package. We are travelling the middle of May to approximately June 2nd.

Thanks.

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: best spas

I'm not totally positive, but I think SB only has luxury resort/destination spas - the Bacara is one, the Biltmore and the San Ysidro Ranch will give you all the services you ask for. They are expensive, but I don't doubt they would be fun and luxurious.

Otherwise, take a look at the Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort on the road to Avila Beach. It is a true spa resort with real mineral springs and about 1.5 hours north of Santa Barbara. I have been there and the hot tubs on the hill are fun and romantic.

Closer to Santa Barbara, look into the spas near Ojai, like the Ojai Valley Inn & Spa, or the Oaks at Ojai.

An alternative lifestyle destination spa resort to think about is the Esalen Institute near Big Sur.

2. Re: best spas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 07:18