We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montecito Inn - Been there lately?

Which Santa Barbara hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Naples
Level Contributor
293 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Montecito Inn - Been there lately?

Hey, is there anyone out there who has stayed at the Montecito Inn recently? Most of the reviews on TA are a few years old so not sure how reliable they might be. Also, what about their restaurant or should be go elsewhere? We don't like to drive after dark so we'd prefer someplace within walking distance. Thanks!

santa barbara
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Montecito Inn - Been there lately?

Hi Polly 1947,

I noticed there are a few more recent posts on Trip Advisor at this time that you may want to read. I think one of the negatives is the location. It is located on a very busy part of Coast Village Rd right at the freeway entrance/exit, consequently lots of heavy traffic. That having been said, it is also located within walking distance to the Biltmore, the beach and many fine restaurants and shops on Coast Village Road. It is a charming "old" but renovated hotel. My personal preference is the Biltmore, especially since the renovations. The Biltmore is also within walking distance of the restaurants and shops on Coast Village Road.

Level Contributor
34,979 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Montecito Inn - Been there lately?

The Biltmore is a gorgeous property right across the street from the ocean, if you want something nice in Santa Barbara right by the beach, the Harbor View In is very nice and right across from Stearn's Wharf. Have fun in Santa Barbara! :)

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,820 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Montecito Inn - Been there lately?

We stayed at the Montecito Inn a number of yrs. ago and really enjoyed it. From what I've heard, the positives about this property still remain. Our room was upstairs and faced an interior courtyard area--plus it was off-season (March) and rather quiet. I really liked being able to walk into Montecito Village. All that being said, the Inn is not for everyone, but for those who love small, historic hotels and don't mind some of the quirks (small rooms and noisy plumbing) along with all the charm--this would be a great choice.

Naples
Level Contributor
293 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Montecito Inn - Been there lately?

Thanks to all who took the time to reply. While the Biltmore is a little (make that a lot!) out of our price range, we are now planning to stay at the Montecito Inn and at least walk over to the Biltmore either for a cocktail or dinner (or both!) because it does sound fabulous. Appreciate the info about getting an interior room ~ but, if my husband's snoring doesn't keep me awake, I doubt if the traffic and plumbing will. Again, thanks. What would we do without TA?

5. Re: Montecito Inn - Been there lately?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 13:18