We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for Hotel near Fess Parker Resort

Brentwood, CA
1 post
Save Topic
Suggestions for Hotel near Fess Parker Resort

My nephew is getting married at the Fess Parker Resort (Doubletree) in October, 2008. We will be traveling down from the SF Bay Area and would like to stay close to the Fess Parker Resort, but in a less expensive hotel. We would be booking 2 rooms, one for us and one for my daughter, husband and toddler. Any suggestions? We will be there for a long weekend and will be enjoying wedding activities while there.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,658 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for Hotel near Fess Parker Resort

Marina Beach Motel.

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for Hotel near Fess Parker Resort

Marina Beach Hotel is a nice hotel but it is on the other side of State St in the west beach area. The Marina Beach Hotel is still within walking distance (≈1 mile) of the Doubletree, but there are a number of plain hotels on the east beach side that are closer(≈0.2 mile), such as:

Motel 6, plain rooms, 1 block from the beach, pool.

Cabrillo Inn, plain rooms, beach view rooms, pool with view of beach, on Cabrillo Ave.

Inn at East Beach, a bit older, but appeared well maintained, 1 block off the beach.

Old Yacht Club Inn, B&B with a bit of charm, I don't know the quality of the rooms but I have seen the sitting room and it looked nice.

There is also the Hotel Mar Monte, a nicer hotel, which provides more service than the previously mentioned lodging options, includes pool and rooms with beach views, on Cabrillo Ave.

On the west beach side, consider the Eagle Inn, Marina Beach, or Harbor House. These are nicer hotels than the Motel 6, or Cabrillo Inn and the prices will likely reflect that. These are 1 block off the beach.

Walnut Creek, CA
Level Contributor
350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for Hotel near Fess Parker Resort

West Beach Inn. Down Cabrillo Blvd a bit but they give discounts for the number of years you have been married. We got a 24 percent discount off a 2 bedroom apartment style unit. We stayed four nights and it was great. Call them, as they don't advertise this online. It is the Coast Hotels Anniversary Discount.

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
618 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for Hotel near Fess Parker Resort

Hotel Mar Monte [www.hotelmarmonte.com] would be my suggestion.

Or for a very short walk, you could also try the Harbor View [www.harborviewinnsb.com].

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
184 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for Hotel near Fess Parker Resort

My sister went to college in Santa Barbara and is getting married there this summer. We are all staying at the Fess Parker also. Yes it is expensive I know.

My family is recommending the Santa Barbara Inn which they tell me is right next door or across the street. The rooms are about 200.00 a night. I hear it is a lovely smaller boutique type hotel. Unfortunately though the people who leased their restuarant space have closed. So they do not have a restaurant.

Good Luck!

6. Re: Suggestions for Hotel near Fess Parker Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 23:20