We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some advice please

Which Santa Barbara hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
27 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Some advice please

Like many others, my wife and I are heading to Santa Barbara to celebrate a special celebration - our 25th wedding anniversary.

We were there a number of years ago and are really looking forward to going back for a week(from Ireland) next month.

Would appreciate some advice on a couple of things:-

- Is is necessary to book tours in advance or would it be possible to book at short notice when we get there? We are thinking of a wine country tour plus possibly the segway tour which we have seen good reports on.

Also, shopping is such good value in the US we have to designate a day for that(or so my wife says!) - we were looking to travel down to Camarillo Outlet Mall and The Oaks Mall at Thousand Oaks on the same day. Would these malls be a good choice primarily for clothes shopping?

Thanks

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
183 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some advice please

I never really liked wine tours, but they are handy if you're afraid of drink driving. In my case, since I'm a swirl&spit kind of gal, I'm not afraid to take a road map and a car into Santa Ynez Valley. It's pretty easy to navigate, and for me, the fun is in serendipitous finds. But if you must book a tour, your hotel concierge can help you book one last minute.

The Camarillo outlet mall is a wonderful place to shop. It is about 45 to an hour south of SB. Great clothes shopping, but they also have great deals on housewares, too.

Santa Barbara, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Barbara, Channel Islands National Park
Level Contributor
828 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Some advice please

I would recommend booking your tour in advance -- sometimes I help at my husband's office for Santa Barbara Adventure Co and we always try to accomodate guests who call the day before, but sometimes all the vans are out or all the guides are out on other trips and we are unable. The wine tours I recommend at (of course) www.sbadventureco.com and www.ccjeeps.com - You can wine taste in town, but it is really nice to go out to Santa Ynez and the vinyards.

Santa Barbara has some great shopping - you don't really need to go down to Camarillo. You should go to Paseo Nuevo Mall on State Street and/or La Cumbre Mall on upper State.

Have a great trip! -Suz

3. Re: Some advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2011, 07:15