We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

January housing in Santa Barbara

T T
Sioux City, Iowa
1 post
Save Topic
January housing in Santa Barbara

I am a college student and will be in Santa Barbara doing research for 3 -4 weeks this January. I want to stay somewhere safe, close to public transportation and not too expensive. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

santa barbara
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: January housing in Santa Barbara

Hi TT,

I would advertise in the classifieds in the Santa Barbara Independent and on Craiglist. There may be students or a family who would be willing to rent a room for a short time.

Hope you are able to find what you are looking for!

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: January housing in Santa Barbara

Renting a room is the ticket for that time of year. You also are inquiring at the University's housing office? They do this for a living. Their renter clients are shopping for students in particular, and often have an affiliation with the University and perhaps other students staying there, as well. The housing office also has some degree of "service after sale", so to speak, in case any issues eventuate. You'd be less likely to get this on the open market. It's also part of what they (have to) do for a living.

By now, you also know that UCSB is on the quarter system, so it's less likely that there will be sublet space available as there would be during the long break of a semester school. Still, as you are one among many, I believe you will be fine.

[...Though their market will be more regulated. And I don't know if there'd be a finder's fee.]

Edited: 12 November 2011, 02:20
3. Re: January housing in Santa Barbara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2012, 06:15