We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valentine's Dinner in SB

Which Santa Barbara hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Burbank, California
Level Contributor
9 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Valentine's Dinner in SB

Well I am surprising my wife for Valentine's Day and we are going to stay in SB for a few days at a B&B. Since we will be there over actual Valentine's Day, I am wondering about a great place to take her (preferably a steak or seafood or both place). Great food, good drinks, good service, and hopefully a romantic and nice ambiance. I assume that many restaurants will have a prix fixe type menu. Any help so i can make some reservations asap would be greatly appreciated

Santa Barbara, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Barbara, Channel Islands National Park
Level Contributor
845 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valentine's Dinner in SB

A few of my favorite places ~ they are so many to pick from:

Bouchon www.bouchonsantabarbara.com/homepage.php (no full bar)

Holdrens (steak house) http://www.holdrens.com/sb

Lucky's (in MOntecito) http://luckys-steakhouse.com/dinner

I just went to Cielito yesterday http://cielitorestaurant.com/ - it is a new restaurant in La Arcada downtown and it is very lovely. The interior was amazing with beautiful decorative chairs, fireplaces and lots of special touches. They also have a very nice full bar. I would consider it as well.

Level Contributor
34,757 posts
895 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valentine's Dinner in SB

The Wine Cask is very nice. We also loved our meal at the restaurant at The Four Seasons Biltmore in nearby Montecito. If you like Italian food, Olie e Limone is also very good. Enjoy your time in Santa Barbara! :)

santa barbara
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valentine's Dinner in SB

Hi RR,

I think you would be happy with any of the above suggestions.....all good food and good atmosphere. My vote goes to the Bella Vista at the Four Seasons Biltmore for the ambiance and romantic atmosphere, it doesn't get any better. You can sit by the cozy fireplace and enjoy the exquisite views of the ocean and many times even see the pods of dolphin frolicking in the waves as you dine. The food, the service the beauty of the Biltmore and the surrounding grounds really makes for a special evening.

All restaurants will be VERY busy on Valentine's so you may want to make reservations ASAP.

Suz......thanks for the report on our newest restaurant Cielito. I think it will be one of our most popular like it's predecessor, the Acapulco Lounge. Sounds really nice. Another new one that you and your girlfriends might enjoy is The Recipe Restaurant on Santa Barbara and Cota. Located in an historic 100 yr old house that the women owners painted white with pink shutters, very quaint:-) Good food and bakery items....open Tues thru Sat.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,640 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Valentine's Dinner in SB

The Bella Vista at the Biltmore is an outstanding place for dinner, and our favorite over 40 years. It's prettier than ever since they did the remodel. They have a wonderful Sunday Brunch, as well.

We love Petit Valentien off State Street. It's a romantic French Bistro, and the food is amazing. Great if you are looking for a small restaurant.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g33045-d15…

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,279 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Valentine's Dinner in SB

If you are staying in Santa Barbara for several days, I would go to the fancier restaurants the day before or after when they are not as busy.

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Valentine's Dinner in SB

Valentine's Day dinner in SB is very busy, so make reservations. The above suggestions are good. For 2012 there are specials $69.95/couple for lobster/steak, campagne dinner at Moby Dick's on the wharf. Coast in the Canary Hotel is $55/person. Wine Cask is $75/ person.

7. Re: Valentine's Dinner in SB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2013, 10:21