We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What can we do when we get there?

North Yorkshire, UK
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What can we do when we get there?

My 2 (girl) friends and I (aged 23/24) are planning a 2 week stay in southern california, inclusing 5 nights in santa Barbara and 5 in Huntington Beach. We're hoping for the whole 'O.C' experience and were wondering what sorts of things to expect.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,662 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What can we do when we get there?

It depends on the time of year...

For the OC experience, I would recommend staying in Laguna Beach and San Diego, rather than Huntington Beach (or reduce your stay there to just a night or two).

Santa Barbara
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What can we do when we get there?

Uh, I would actually disagree with that dude from Los Angeles. Huntington Beach is what the OC is all about. You would also love Newport Beach, which borders Huntington on the south and has many more people than Laguna Beach. San Diego is cool but more than an hour's drive from Huntington. When you're in SB, go to Butterfly Beach. It's in Montecito just across from the Four Seasons Biltmore. Beautiful beach and beautiful people. At night go to Cooney's to see how the locals party. And do not stay in Santa Barbara without going to La Super Rica on Milpas. The best Mexican food you'll ever have.

North Yorkshire, UK
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: What can we do when we get there?

Thanks to you both for the info! I'm pleased HB will not be all bad, should probably have researched before we nooked though-oops!

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What can we do when we get there?

Something you should do when your in Santa Barbara. Check out www.ccjeeps.com. It was suoer fun and a great experience!

United States
Level Contributor
2 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What can we do when we get there?

HB has a great nightlife, great beach and is you stay at the Hilton or Hyatt is very accessible. Laguna is also fun, but a bit more uptight. Newport is exceelent, great bars and friendly people.

The weather will be different depending on when you are coming. What are the weeks you will be in So Cal? If it is Juky, I would highly recommend an overnight trip to Catalina.

6. Re: What can we do when we get there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 01:17