We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nervous NY Mom thanks you all...

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
198 reviews
Save Topic
Nervous NY Mom thanks you all...

...but Apoplectic Dad is STILL sulking in the corner.

Thanks to your spot-on advice, we will be flying Southwest into LAX and Airbusing to Goleta, trudging around the corner to the Enterprise franchise, renting something large enough to contain our daughter's excitement AND the six checked bags that we will have with us and then motoring off to the Courtyard by Marriott.

Please let me reiterate--you are the best and you made what could have been a pig's breakfast of an experience into something very nice. Thank you so very much.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
20,932 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nervous NY Mom thanks you all...

Good luck and have lots of fun.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,722 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nervous NY Mom thanks you all...

I feel your excitement, and know you made the best decision for your family to get to SB. What an adventure you will always remember!

When we dropped our oldest off in SB at Tropicana, we had two carloads of "stuff" for his dorm. He took the single room, so had his own TV, music system (100's of tapes and big speakers in those days haha), surfboard and other personal items, besides clothes. We had already gone to Target to pick up new bedding, towels, bulletin board, and everything else needed. We followed him up in our SUV from LA. Each year as he moved to rental homes to share, he moved himself, no more Mom and Dad until Graduation to bring it all home.

Enjoy every moment of this experience for either 2 years, or if she transfers to UCSB for 4 years. She picked a wonderful part of CA to be in. Wish you all the best, and hope when you return home you give us a quick report on how it went.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nervous NY Mom thanks you all...

I certainly will. I remember my own college days, with Dad driving across the state with the "car top carrier." I am so glad she picked this particular corner of the US to continue her education---it seems to be populated by fine folks.

4. Re: Nervous NY Mom thanks you all...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 06:19