We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harbor View Inn or FP Doubletree???

Rogers, Arkansas
Level Contributor
121 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Harbor View Inn or FP Doubletree???

I have reservations at both hotels and need to cancel one. Please advise as to which one is overall best as far as location (walking distances to ocean, wharf, shops, restaurants, etc) cleanliness, amenities. I have a room reserved in the new North Wing of (I thinK) the Harbor View, but it is a bit more expensive. I am traveling with my daughter and granddaughter (age 14) in mid October. Thanks for any advice that may be helpful.

Level Contributor
35,264 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harbor View Inn or FP Doubletree???

The Harbor View Inn is right across the street from Stearn's Wharf. You will love the location of this hotel. They also offer room service from Eladio's, a heated pool and jacuzzi and rooms with oceanviews. :)

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,053 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harbor View Inn or FP Doubletree???

We stayed at the Fess Parker Doubletree about 6 years now, with family. If you've reserved a room already on their website, you've seen that it is right across the street from the beach on 24 beach front acres. You can rent bikes or surreys right on the property, and use the paths through the hotel grounds, or across on the bike path along the beach.

We also take our granddaughter, and the large rooms have a sitting area, with sofa and chair, nice for visiting. The beds are facing the balcony looking straight out to the ocean. The sunsets are beautiful. They have a really nice large swimming pool, four restaurants, outside dining, fireplaces, a spa, beauty and nail salon, fitness center, everything you might need.

We have our car so drive to State Street and park in one of the parking lots downtown and walk around, dine or drive to the SB Mission. There is also the downtown-waterfront shuttle that provides service from the Zoo along Cabrillo Blvd. to State Street for 50 cents. It runs every ten minutes from 10 to 6 PM.

Of course, you get a warm chocolate chip cookie at check in at Doubletree, part of the Hilton chain, if you collect points.

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
216 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harbor View Inn or FP Doubletree???

Both hotels are great. FP may be more family friendly.

Harbor View is right on State St, while FP is about a 20 minute walk.

Rogers, Arkansas
Level Contributor
121 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harbor View Inn or FP Doubletree???

Thank you. I appreciate your detailed advice!!!

5. Re: Harbor View Inn or FP Doubletree???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2014, 05:16