We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Transport to Old Mission Santa Barbara and Courthouse

singapore
Level Contributor
736 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Public Transport to Old Mission Santa Barbara and Courthouse

Hi

We plan to visit the following places during our 1 day stay in Santa Barbara:

1. Old Mission

2. Courthouse

3. State Street

Besides taking the trolley from Stearns Wharf which costs $19.00 per person, are there are shuttles that we can take to Old Mission and Courthouse. If there are, can you advise me of the cost per person please.

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Sandy

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
63,893 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public Transport to Old Mission Santa Barbara and Courthouse

Hi,

I think you are talking about the trolley that is a tour.

Here is the one you want that is just transportation:

sbmtd.gov/maps-and-schedules/waterfront-shut…

singapore
Level Contributor
736 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public Transport to Old Mission Santa Barbara and Courthouse

Hi Riff M

Thank you for the link.

I am referring to Line 22 from the Transit to Old Mission. Based on the infrequent schedule for weekdays, I think it will not be possible for me to take this shuttle.

Thanks

Sandy

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
1,881 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Public Transport to Old Mission Santa Barbara and Courthouse

The Downtown Shuttle turns around on State Street at Sola St. From there it is an easy twenty minute (1.2 mile) walk to the Mission. (Bus Line 22 does seem more built for workers than tourists during the weekdays, but switches to a better schedule for tourists on weekends.)

The Downtown Shuttle cruises State Street and the Waterfront Shuttle cruises along Cabrillo Boulevard. If you need one, ask for a transfer when you get on the shuttle. Carry exact change in $1 bills or coins - the shuttle doesn't make change. Cost is 50¢ per person.

The courthouse is only one block off of State St. at Anapamu St.

singapore
Level Contributor
736 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public Transport to Old Mission Santa Barbara and Courthouse

Hi Locrian_47

Thank you for the information. Based on the Line 22 schedule and as per the information provided by you, I will take the Downtown Shuttle from Stearns Wharf (Dolphin Fountain) in the morning to Anapamu Street to see the Courthouse.

After the Courthouse, I will take Line 22 at 12.30 pm from the Transit Center to the Old Mission. After visiting the Old Mission, I will do the 1.2 mile walk to the Downtown Shuttle stop at Sola Street (can I pick up from here) or Anapamu. Take the Downtown Shuttle back to the Harbor.

Please advise on when a transfer is needed.

Thanks

Sandy

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
1,881 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Public Transport to Old Mission Santa Barbara and Courthouse

Sounds like you are not riding on the Waterfront Shuttle. Then, you won't be needing a transfer ticket. The transfers for the shuttles are only valid between the Downtown and the Waterfront Shuttles.

You won't want to, and you don't have to, walk back to the Transit Center. The 22 bus passes by the Courthouse. I will check and report back to you if I am wrong, but I think there is a bus stop at the corner of Santa Barbara St and Anapamu St near the corner of the Courthouse grounds. You will want to wait at the outbound stop on the east side of the street. The bus leaves the Transit Center at 12:30 pm. The 22 won't take long to get to the Anapamu stop, so plan to be there by 12:30 pm. Bus fare is $1.75 per person.

Fares may be paid with coins or bills. Fareboxes do not give change and drivers cannot make change. Carry quarters (25¢ coins) with you.

On the bus, Children under 45 inches tall (three children per adult) are free, and seniors (62+) are 85¢.

The Downtown and Waterfront Shuttles are different than the buses. These shuttles are all electric and don't have doors. They only run on State St and on Cabrillo Blvd. The Downtown Shuttle drives down State Street and there are many stops on State St. The shuttle stops are marked by a blue and black circular sign of a sailing ship silhouette. They pass by ever 10 minutes after 10 am, until 6pm on weekdays.

You don't have to get on the Shuttle at Sola St. There is a cute small shopping mall called La Arcada and also the Art Museum, (near Anapamu St.), that you may want to visit if you have time. It takes about an hour to walk from Sola St to Stearns Wharf.

I also suggest you visit Alice Keck Park Park on your walk back to State St from the Mission.

(I don't mean to confuse you, but the other shuttle lines, like the Crosstown Shuttle, are buses.)

http://www.sbmtd.gov/

6. Re: Public Transport to Old Mission Santa Barbara and Courthouse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2015, 06:17