We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sports in March...

Bristol
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Sports in March...

Hi,

Myself, my partner and my father in law are travelling to San Francisco & Santa Barbara for 10 days in march- 13th-23rd.

I love American sports, and would love to try and catch a live game of some sort when there. I have looked at what I can, but it seems to be out of season for a lot of sports.

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any sports likely to be on between those dates? we are in San Fran from 13-16th, then Santa Barbara from 16th-20th, then back to San Fran from 20-23rd.

Ideally I want to catch a baseball or (American) football game, but would also be happy with Ice Hockey or Soccer (football!). I am less bothered about basketball or anything else.

I dont mind what level- it doesnt have to be a top level game, would be happy with a college or even high-school game, just to experience what it is like. The same for type of game- I dont care if its not a league match, but is just a friendly or training game or anything.

Does anyone know of anything that might be good, and convienient to get to that might suit?

thanks it advance!

(I have posted this in both San Fran and Santa Barbara forums)

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
1,870 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sports in March...

Looks like you have a good chance of seeing the Golden State Warriors or the San Jose Sharks and whoever they are playing! Check out this website - espn.go.com/travel/sports/calendar/…

The University of California Santa Barbara Gauchos baseball team is playing during your stay in the area: - ucsbgauchos.com/sports/…schedule

The UCSB basketball team is in The Big West. The Big West's Tournament is scheduled to be in Anaheim March 13 - 15. The Gauchos: ucsbgauchos.com/sports/…schedule Unfortunately, Anaheim is a 2:10 hour drive south on a good day.

UCSB men's volleyball is also happening:

ucsbgauchos.com/sports/…schedule

Looks like you have opportunities for UCSB tennis, softball, and water polo:

www.ucsbgauchos.com/composite?y=2014&m=03

2. Re: Sports in March...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 05:20