We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Oceana Vs. Villa Rosa

Which Santa Barbara hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
3 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Oceana Vs. Villa Rosa

Any suggestions on one of these hotels vs. another?

Thanks

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
705 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Oceana Vs. Villa Rosa

Oceanas grounds are nice and it is across the street from the beach, so location is a little nicer and it looks nice from the outside. But the reviews on the hotel section look pretty bad. [ I usually ignore some but more bad than good]. Villa Rosa is 1/2 block from the beach and reviews are a little better.

Sorry I haven't stayed at either.

Level Contributor
34,746 posts
895 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Oceana Vs. Villa Rosa

Hotel Oceana is just a few doors down from the Harbor View where we enjoyed a great stay. The location can't be beat for the Hotel Oceana. From pictures I've seen, it looks colorful and beachy as far as the decor goes. Good luck and enjoy SB! :)

LA Calif
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Oceana Vs. Villa Rosa

more of your "drive by" advice Kim?

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,393 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Oceana Vs. Villa Rosa

Hi,

I have used the Villa Rosa many times when I was working in Santa Barbara. I,always, enjoyed the Inn. When I arrived in the evening, they would hand me a glass of wine or a beer then I would head for the jacuzzi inthe backyard. It was a great way to relax after a long traffic drive from Los Angeles. In the winter, they had a nice fire going in the living room/reception area. The rooms all vary in size and one room is two levels with a kitchen. A red rose is place on your pillow at night with the turn down service. The continental breakfast is nice and they deliver the LA Times. You can take your breakfast back to the room or take it out to the backyard. The staff has always been very helpful and the manager was delightful. The location is excellent on a side street near the beach and a short walk to the main shoping area of Santa Barbara.

I,always enjoy reading the hotel reviews for Santa Barbara. It doesn't really matter if it;s an inexpensive hotel or cheaper one, the travelers always have a problem with their expectations of property versus price. The fact is that Santa Barbara is expensive on the weekend and during the summer season. Walking around town, you will notice many people speaking foreign languages. It's very popular with people from all over the world and of course being close to Los Angeles makes for a easy escape. The town is not that big and with a shortage of large hotel chains makes for a supply and demand issue for accomodations.

I have not stayed at Oceana, but I have stayed at many other places in SB including Fess Parker,El Encanto,Biltmore,Santa Barbaa Inn,etc. I liked the small intimate feeling of Villa Rosa. It was more like staying in a home.

Santa Barbara is really special and I love it!!

Hope that this helps.

5. Re: Hotel Oceana Vs. Villa Rosa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 08:16