We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I bring food into great america?

Which Santa Clara hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Reno, NV
9 posts
Save Topic
Can I bring food into great america?

Are they going to search my bad and make me thow it out? Or is it like disneyland where they kind of look the other way?

Thanks in advace.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
23,265 posts
5,360 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I bring food into great america?

Guests may not bring food into the park.

Here are the rules from the park web site;

www.pgathrills.com/visit/visit_tips.cfm

There is a nice just outside the front gates picnic table area where you can enjoy a picnic. As such, do feel free to use the area. We have and the tables, etc. are fine for a picnic.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I bring food into great america?

I was just there 2 weeks ago and just outside the front gate they have an announcement that runs all day reminding guests that they allow food in only for those who have a medical reason for needing special food. They do encourage you to make use of the picnic area that mini referred to. Lots of people were eating in the grassy median at the parking lot.

I don't blame you for wanting to bring your own food. We had 1 roast beef sandwich ad 1 order of chicken strips and fries with 3 sodas and it was $26+ (Nickalodeon part of the park).

We were there on a Tuesday and did not wait in any lines at all. Have a great time!

Reno, NV
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I bring food into great america?

Thanks you guys. My brother plans on trying to "sneek" snacks in...lol. I'm not that cheap. I guess my question is are they searching backpacks and such?

Thanks again. We will be going tomorrow (Sat.) I'm sure the lines will be pretty big, but oh well, lets hope not. Take care.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I bring food into great america?

Yes you are absolutely searched. You put your bag/backpack/hanbag on a plastic container and walk thru a metal detector. The you grab your bag and someone looks through it.

It will be very crowded on a Saturday. My sister went on a Sat and said it was crazy crowded.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
43 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I bring food into great america?

Normally, they don't want you to bring food into the park. What my family and I do is get a big red cooler and just feast out near the car for lunch. However, if you did go with little kids they normally allow you to bring some snacks in there. Or you could just hide them under a towel!

I would suggest you get one of the big cups that they have. Refills on sodas, icees, juice are only $1 and thats what you really need when it gets hot!

Hope you enjoyed your trip!

6. Re: Can I bring food into great america?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2009, 05:33