We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Light Rail: Hyatt Regency Santa Clara -> Great Mall?

Singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Light Rail: Hyatt Regency Santa Clara -> Great Mall?

Hi There,

I need advice for Light Rail to and fro Hyatt Regency Santa Clara to The Great Mall Outlet?

I need info on the hop on station and the alight station nearest to my destination.

Appreciated, thanks.

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
5,971 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Light Rail: Hyatt Regency Santa Clara -> Great Mall?

The light rail is operated by VTA: http://www.vta.org

If you type in the hotel address in Google Maps, the light rail stations will show up as little blue squares. In addition to the two stations very close to your hotel, there is a station at Great Mall.

You will have to transfer trains at the Tasman Station to get between the two. Tasman is a small station, so all you have to do is walk to the other platform.

Singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Light Rail: Hyatt Regency Santa Clara -> Great Mall?

Thanks for your advise, but how do I know where is Tasman Station? will they announce the station name as it approached?

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
5,971 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Light Rail: Hyatt Regency Santa Clara -> Great Mall?

Yes, there is an announcement before each station, and a digital screen displays the station name. When you pull into the station, there are a lot of signs posted, too.

The only quirky thing about VTA is that you should press the stop cord (yellow, near the windows) to get off at your stop. Best to press the cord after the station is announced and displayed. VTA does this because several stations in the area near your hotel are used almost exclusively during rush hour only, so the trains don't have to stop all the time.

Singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Light Rail: Hyatt Regency Santa Clara -> Great Mall?

Thanks for you help, I should be able to find my way to The Great Mall.

5. Re: Light Rail: Hyatt Regency Santa Clara -> Great Mall?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2010, 04:17