We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sat nights out in Santa Clara

Cotswolds
3 posts
Save Topic
Sat nights out in Santa Clara

OK - so I'm going to santa clara for a business trip but get there and have the weekend free.

Where would you recommend for a fun night out relatively close (cab ride or closer) to the hyatt for a single man who does not want to just sit in his room and watch TV!!!! (beer, music etc.....) - Also what would be a great thing to do on the Sunday - its my first time in California.... - any suggestions would be good.

Ta

Jas

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,468 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sat nights out in Santa Clara

It is too bad you won't have a car, especially with all day Sunday free.

Could that be changed?

Santa Clara...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Sat nights out in Santa Clara

Several options available...I say hop on the light rail (Tasman stop is right next to the Hyatt) and head down to Castro Street in Mountain View (last stop on the 902). Lots or restaurants and cool bars down there. If you feel more daring, jump on the CalTrain to San Francisco...just make sure you look at the schedule for the last train and light rail returning.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
16,126 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sat nights out in Santa Clara

Mountain View or downtown San Jose would be my picks for Saturday night.

For Sunday, if you don't have a car, you can take Caltrain up to SF. That's probably what I would do.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
749 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sat nights out in Santa Clara

The OP finished this trip weeks ago.

5. Re: Sat nights out in Santa Clara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2011, 05:16