We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Attending Santa Clara University's Preview Weekend 4/17/11

Salinas, California
1 post
Save Topic
Attending Santa Clara University's Preview Weekend 4/17/11

Our d has been accepted at SCU. We are attending SCU's Preview Weekend. Which hotel or B &B is recommended that is close by that serves a decent breakfast. Thanks C

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,367 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Attending Santa Clara University's Preview Weekend 4/17/11

We often stayed at Homewood Suites (just a few miles from SCU, actually in San Jose). They have very nice one- and two-bedroom suites with kitchens, a pool, and breakfast. It's generally used during the week by business people, and they lower the rates on the weekends, so you can get a very good deal. Right across the street from SCU is Candlewood Suites, but I don't think they serve breakfast--not 100-percent sure--but you'll have a kitchen, and there's a bagel shop and a Starbuck's right there. It's nice because you can walk to SCU, BUT it's right next to the train tracks, and I found it noisy. I hope your daughter enjoys SCU. My husband and I taught there years ago, and our daughter graduated in 2007. She loved her time there.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Attending Santa Clara University's Preview Weekend 4/17/11

Hey, if it's not too late, you can also check out the options on http://scu.universityhotelnetwork.com/. There are some decent deals there and they often offer discounts. Hope this helps! Have a blast!

3. Re: Attending Santa Clara University's Preview Weekend 4/17/11

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2014, 20:15