We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bears Vs. 49ers

Pontiac, Illinois
Level Contributor
238 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Bears Vs. 49ers

Hello we are coming out to the Bears 49ers game in sept. I've never been to San Fran and am aware the stadium is 30 miles or so from the airport. We are going to stay in santa Clare the first night then most likely head back towards San Fran. Will we need to rent a car or could be get most of this done with public transportation? I'm going with my 75 year old dad so not much walking will be done beside from the marriott to the stadium. Thanks for any info you can provide along with must see attractions and eats.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,599 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Bears Vs. 49ers

Brian, sorry about some of the really irrelevant information you've received from a couple of posters, especially where it veered off from the correct game.

The Bay Area, including Santa Clara and San Jose has excellent public transportation. The walk from the Marriott, assuming you are at the Santa Clara Marriott is about 1.2 miles give or take, depending exactly on where your seats are.

Given that the Bears-49er game is the Sunday night game, it will start at 5:30PM and end around 9PM or later. I think I'd stay two nights at the Marriott (unless you are coming in on game day). If you are flying in Sunday morning, then one night is all you'd need.

The next day getting to SF via CalTrain is easy. You can get a cab to the Caltrain station from the Marriott.

caltrain.com/stations/santaclarastation.html

I think getting a rental car would be more of a hindrance than a help, but you can run the numbers on cost and time factor.

If you are not going to San Francisco at all, if the trip is just for the game, I'd fly in and out of SJC.

Silicon Valley, Ca
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Bears Vs. 49ers

Darkbeer is spreading misinformation. The game on Monday night October 13 is in St Louis, not Santa Clara.

There will be no games in 2014 on Monday-Thursday nights, except Thanksgiving. The Cal game is on Friday night and Cal will be providing special buses for students.

Silicon Valley, Ca
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Bears Vs. 49ers

Correction to Deborah B ---

Great America will be CLOSED on days when the 49ers have a home game at Levi's Stadium.

I think you are trying to be helpful, but your preconceived and unverified notions are creating unnecessary issues for visitors to Levi's Stadium.

24. Re: Bears Vs. 49ers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2015, 00:15