We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jackfruit S'wich, Pista Muffuletta, Chicken & Brie at Levi's

Which Santa Clara hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,502 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Jackfruit S'wich, Pista Muffuletta, Chicken & Brie at Levi's

When you go to an event at the Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara for a 49ers game or for any of the other sporting events, you will have a choice of 40+ beers and a whole selection of traditional and non-traditional stadium food from frankfurters to garlic fries to pizza to Naan and Curry and Steamed Buns with Peking Duck.

The prices ? No idea but bring plenty of $$ to go along with the very expensive tickets to the 49er games.

…sfgate.com/blog/…24975-20

By the way stadium tours start in mid August. Just have to figure out how to get there...

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
15,095 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jackfruit S'wich, Pista Muffuletta, Chicken & Brie at Levi's

Actually, the stadium tours start July 25th, but you have to have an invitation ;-)

I am sure food is going to be pricey - it always is at stadiums, but at least it sounds like there will be GOOD food there.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jackfruit S'wich, Pista Muffuletta, Chicken & Brie at Levi's

Now if only the Raiders can figure out how to cast away their non-family-friendly image, we may recommend the Raiders as a BART-friendly alternative for those who want the NFL.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,502 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jackfruit S'wich, Pista Muffuletta, Chicken & Brie at Levi's

They also have to start winning a few more games than they usually do Al . Also I need that jackfruit Sandwich -- I know jack about jackfruit :-) It looks like a durian -- hope it does not smell like one

For folks going to Levi's there are non-stop buses (in traffic for sure) with pickup spots at the Asian Art Museum, Cow Hollow (not sure where) Fisherman's wharf and I am sure a few more locations.

the tickets round trip are priced at 40 per person and while no one has been on one yet, from what I hear from folks who took these buses from around the Bay Area, they are a fun ride with a lot of fans....

Edited: 10 July 2014, 22:10
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jackfruit S'wich, Pista Muffuletta, Chicken & Brie at Levi's

You should try jackfruit smoothies at any authentic Vietnamese Pho House. Very good. I had fresh jackfruit in Toronto but never did purchase any. Though I did see one at a store, but it was HUGE and they sold by the pound so I passed.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,502 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jackfruit S'wich, Pista Muffuletta, Chicken & Brie at Levi's

whole foods was selling them in the city in chunks - there was a sign above them but I though they would smell so I did not go close . I guess not. Will try to have one or someone I guess as there is flesh around a seed. Now I am intrigued. A google search shows so much info. I guess the bbq jackfruit tastes like meat. but it must be raw jackfruit compared to the ripened one used for the smoothie. Thanks Al.

November -- if you are going for an early tour By invite only -- we need a full report on the stadium -- not the bbq sandwich :-)

sf
Level Contributor
3,255 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Jackfruit S'wich, Pista Muffuletta, Chicken & Brie at Levi's

Jackfruit is disgustingly sweet, I had it as a pudding in South America. Can't imagine it in sandwich, and another reason I don't eat Viet cusine.

Edited: 10 July 2014, 23:04
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,502 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jackfruit S'wich, Pista Muffuletta, Chicken & Brie at Levi's

http://www.serenityinthestorm.com/?p=3024

I think they may be using raw jackfruit or canned jackfruit that was soaked in brine. I don't think it will be sweet

you don't like Vietnamese food ? humm. It has such amazing flavors the sweet the spicy and sour. Also their banh mi sandwiches (pork pate crusty bread0 are delicious. Pho that Al mentions -- oh so good ! Nothing like Chicken Noodle soup or a good pho on a cold day in the city.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jackfruit S'wich, Pista Muffuletta, Chicken & Brie at Levi's

For the important stuff -- the partial beer list: https:/…1

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
18,446 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jackfruit S'wich, Pista Muffuletta, Chicken & Brie at Levi's

You are missing out then. I love jackfruit smoothies. Go to any in Little Saigon in SF to get one. I wonder if BBQ jackfruit is like BBQ (really grilled) pineapple. I just made that on July 4th. Carmalized fruit is good.

I am too sticker shocked to go to any games right now but will be cheering on from home just down the road.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,502 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jackfruit S'wich, Pista Muffuletta, Chicken & Brie at Levi's

Anderson Valley Boont amber is my fav from that list then Lagunitas IPA

Go Niners !!!

Chinta -- please keep us posted on the VTA and other updates that you may get to know faster than us.

Everyday I learn something new on TA. Today it is jackfruit smoothies and also BBQ jackfruit.

Edited: 10 July 2014, 23:26