We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discounted 6 Flags magic mountain

Singapore
Level Contributor
404 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Discounted 6 Flags magic mountain

Hi,

Anyone knows if this is the website to buy discounted tickets for 6 flags?

…santaclaritaguide.com/4362_ticket-list.html…

Many thanks!

Shumshum

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Discounted 6 Flags magic mountain

Why not buy them directly from the park, there are usually great discounts if you buy online.

sixflags.com/magicmountain/tickets/index.aspx

They are $36.99 per person

Cuenca, Ecuador
Destination Expert
for California Desert
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Discounted 6 Flags magic mountain

Hello shumshum, and welcome to the Santa Clarita forum.

I've never seen or heard of the Internet site you linked to above. My own personal policy is not to do business with companies or organizations I have no prior knowledge of.

Mousesavers.com has info and updates on most every theme park attraction around. I recommend their work to you. Here's the link for Magic Mountain: http://www.mousesavers.com/magicmountain.html

It may be worthwhile to check out the group rate, as mentioned in the above link. Please heed especially the advice they give regarding personal belongings such as sunglasses and cellular phones. . . something like a pair of cargo pants would be a great way to go to save money while riding rollercoasters in the park. That $1.00 charge per rider per ride can get steep if staying and riding the whole day.

Here's a link on the subject from about.com: …about.com/od/…magic-mountain_2.htm

Note their discussion about discount tickets from regional supermarkets in the area (e.g. Ralphs) and warehouse club chains (e.g. Costco). I've checked Costco.com just now, and there's no offers currently that I see. I've seen them in the Spring. Several fast food chains in the area (e.g. Carl's Jr.) often have these discounted tickets, if not for Magic Mountain, then for another theme park such as Legoland or Sea World. I see these usually in the Spring and early Summer when I go to these restaurants.

Finally, for a contrast, here's what's available for local residents where I live via my credit union: https:/…amusement-park-tickets You have to be a resident locally to join my credit union, however. Sorry. As you can see, the local rate is lower than what you pay as an international visitor.

I don't know when you are planning to visit, or how many people in your group will be going to Magic Mountain itself. Again, the Spring and Summer months are the times when discounts to this theme park are more readily available and advertised. Darkbeer's suggestion may well be the best advice for a traveler traveling alone at the spur of the moment right now. Hope this helps, and please enjoy your travels with us.

Singapore
Level Contributor
404 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Discounted 6 Flags magic mountain

Thanks Darkbeer and Underdog for the info n your advice! I will heed your advice and buy only from Magic Mt website.

We re coming end Dec. I thought winter being off peak will have more discounts for everything but is ok if the rates is Usd36.99. Though I didn't even know that we ve to pay per rides after the entrance fees.

Will definitely love every minute of our travel in California.

Thanks to all of you!

Cheers!

Shumshum

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Discounted 6 Flags magic mountain

OK, your main ticket to Six Flags Magic Mountain does allow you to ride almost every ride and enjoy the entertainment at no additional charge. There are a couple of rides in the back of the park that have an additional charge, such as mini racing cars and a Sky Coaster. The carnival games do have a per game fee, and of course, food, drink and merchandise is extra.

Six Flags does sell something call a "Flash Pass", which is known in the Theme/Amusement Park business as a virtual queue system. What it does is hold your place in line, without you having to stand in it. You wait a specific time, and then head to a special entrance to ride the attraction. at Magic Mountain, they have different levels, with different costs. The more you pay for the device, the less time you have to wait. But it is a totally optional device.

Singapore
Level Contributor
404 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Discounted 6 Flags magic mountain

Thanks Darkbeer! it is good to know such things in advance and saves us much time in planning.

Cheers!

6. Re: Discounted 6 Flags magic mountain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2017, 11:18
Get answers to your questions about Santa Clarita