We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sat night dinner at Crows Nest

Which Santa Cruz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ohio
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Topic
Sat night dinner at Crows Nest

Is the Crows Nest on the boardwalk? If we have a late dinner would it be better to see the boardwalk first? or is the boardwalk pretty much open all night?

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
22,486 posts
5,249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sat night dinner at Crows Nest

Crows Nest is in the harbor area and not on the boardwalk area.

its about a 10 minute drive (if no traffic.)

http://www.crowsnest-santacruz.com/

Its by a nice beach area

The boardwalk hours are posted on their web site

http://beachboardwalk.com/hours/

There are other restaurants on the wharf area (there are also elephant seals at the end to see - any tiime of day or night). So you could eat there instead. If you choose one on the wharf area you can walk to an from the Beach Boardwalk area when you are hungry. I like the Crows Nest more but there are places to eat nearby that might work better. By the boardwalk area, your best restaurant with views is Aquarius

http://www.opentable.com/aquarius-dream-inn

although there are others. Aquarius is about a 5 mnuteI walk from the boardwalk - walk past the sand volleyball area to the Dream Inn. Its in the hotel there.

If you stay with Crows Nest, parking is your issue as you have to drive there and back to the Boardwalk area.

ohio
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sat night dinner at Crows Nest

Thank you. I was afraid parking may be an issue so I think we will try Aquarius, and save Crows Nest for another night or a late night drink!

Level Contributor
34,718 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sat night dinner at Crows Nest

Did you enjoy Aquarius? We just spent the week in Santa Cruz and enjoyed meals at Shadowbrook, Riva Fish House, Stagnaro's and El Palomar. :).

Edited: 07 February 2015, 19:14
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,835 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sat night dinner at Crows Nest

Where did you stay, syahgirl?

Even though this is last year's thread, I would like to correct this statement.

<<(there are also elephant seals at the end<<

There are no elephant seals in Santa Cruz. The animals who live at the Wharf are sea lions.

Level Contributor
34,718 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sat night dinner at Crows Nest

We stayed at The West Cliff Inn! It was wonderful! Very accommodating staff (especially Faith) nice rooms, we stayed 2 nights in 6 and one in 9 on the third floor. We did the wine and cheese reception all 3 nights and met some interesting people. My son and his friend joined us one night. The breakfasts were delicious, we dined by the warm fire. We were very well taken care of and our room was only $135/night under a special on their website. Can't wait to go back!! :).

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,835 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sat night dinner at Crows Nest

Thanks. It is good to have a personal report. I do hope you are going to write a review of it.

That is a GREAT price.

Level Contributor
34,718 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sat night dinner at Crows Nest

Yes, I am planning on writing a review of West Cliff this week. :).

Lutsen, Minnesota
Level Contributor
80 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sat night dinner at Crows Nest

Elephant seals are in Santa Cruz at Ano Nuevo State Park.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sat night dinner at Crows Nest

Elephant Seals are indeed at Ano Nuevo. But Ano Nuevo is in Pescadero ... 21+ miles from Santa Cruz. And there are times of year you have to have a reservation with a ranger to see them.

Lutsen, Minnesota
Level Contributor
80 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sat night dinner at Crows Nest

Oh, right. Sorry, I just lumped that in to "Santa Cruz" didn't I........It is a cool place though.