We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the deal with Chez Jay's?

Orland Park...
Level Contributor
327 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
What's the deal with Chez Jay's?

Heard Dennis Wilson of the BB used to hang out here in 1983 before he drowned. Any info?

Can I take my 14 year old son in there for a fast drink (pop)?

Donna

Los Angeles City Tour
288 reviews
from US$84.00*
Los Angeles and Hollywood Small-Group...
41 reviews
from US$198.99*
Special Offer
Best of Los Angeles Tour from Anaheim
204 reviews
from US$57.99*
US$67.99
Los Angeles Hop-On Hop-Off...
572 reviews
from US$49.00*
santa monica...
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the deal with Chez Jay's?

i haven't been in chez jay's in over 20 years so take any info i give you for what it's worth. in it's time, chez jay's was THE place (read "bar") to go to see lots of local celebs. it was pretty well known but more so by the locals. it's a tiny place that pre-dated most of what we now know as downtown santa monica (promenade/any of the upscale hotels on ocean). the guy who owned it, jay, was a real character and was good friends with lots of well-known people. havew no clue if he's still around, i think that they were trying to rip it down and he was fighting it awhile ago, but that might be just hearsay. it is a restaurant, so i assume that you'll be able to take your son in. here's the number if you want to call to check.

310-395-1741

2. Re: What's the deal with Chez Jay's?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 00:19
Get answers to your questions about Santa Monica
Recent Conversations