We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap, clean accommodation

England
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
cheap, clean accommodation

Hi

My partner and I are in Santa Monica next year in September for 3 nights!

We want somewhere reasonably cheap to stay but is in a recommended location.

Any ideas

thanks

Cassandra

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,604 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap, clean accommodation

What's your idea of cheap?

Santa Monica is not inexpensive. Take a look at Hotels in Santa Monica, here at TA.

England
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap, clean accommodation

idea of chap would be 80.00 pounds per night so approx 160dollars i think!!!

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,700 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap, clean accommodation

Here's a link to the list of hotels in Santa Monica, here on Trip Advisor.

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g33052-Santa_Monica_C…

(You can link to this list by typing in SANTA MONICA HOTELS in the SEARCH BOX in the upper left corner of most pages and then clicking the confirming link in the center of the next page that says HOTELS IN SANTA MONICA.

The list is in order of preference based upon reviews of your fellow travelers. (The first hotel in the list is "most preferred" and so on).

Ignore the AVERAGE PRICE and click on CHECK PRICES to get current offers on the hotels.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,700 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap, clean accommodation

Sorry, that's the CHECK RATES button (not the CHECK PRICES button). You'll need to scroll down a little to see the list which is titled RECOMMENDED HOTELS.

Good luck!

K30
Cornwall
Level Contributor
646 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cheap, clean accommodation

Hi Cassandra,

I am staying in Santa Monica at the Seahore Motel on Main next week- it sounds safe,clean, comfortable and is within the sort of price range you are looking for... i will let you know what it is like when i am back!

England
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cheap, clean accommodation

Thanks everyone!

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,604 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cheap, clean accommodation

$160/night should find you something better than decent. Abovementioned Sea Shore Motel is $100/night - it's in a great location and well reviewed. Embassy Apartments and the Cal Mar Suites are also well located.

The other hotels on the SM list in your budget are at the outskirts of SM, and not well located for a vacation.

NE Ohio
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cheap, clean accommodation

ct - Hubby and I stayed at the Holiday Inn at the Pier this past summer for a long weekend. It is clean and close to everything. We didn't want to rent a car and have that added expense, so the HI worked out great for us. We paid around $250/night. That was about the best deal I could find for a middle of the road hotel.

Upper Darby...
Level Contributor
26 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cheap, clean accommodation

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Santa Monica for my 21st birthday back in '78. At the time, the room was clean and the service was good.

The location is just excellent. Imagine having the Santa Monica Pier, the beach, Santa Monica Place (which wasn't there in '78), and bus transportation right at your door.

However, I read the reviews of some people who stayed there recently, and I now have mixed feelings about it. It's very expensive, and I've heard that there's been some homeless people in the area.

But the next time that I do come out to Los Angeles, I am going to stay in Santa Monica. Where I'll stay, I worry about that when the time comes.

10. Re: cheap, clean accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 08:18