We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 nights in LA with toddler

Which Santa Monica hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bath, United Kingdom
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
3 nights in LA with toddler

We're tagging a weekend onto a work trip to LA and have our toddler with us, don't know LA at all and ideally would like to stay near the beach. Is that Santa Monica? Am thinking Loews (but may be too expensive) Doubletree or Holiday Inn. Or are there other good areas of LA to stay with kids? Thanks!

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 nights in LA with toddler

Will you have a car? Santa Monica is a good base. You can easily hang out at the beach, there are some rides on the Pier (the carousal at the end is great too - not part of Pacific Park). There is plenty of shopping (3rd Street Promenade is a walking street with stores and restaurants and lots to look at for little ones). Also you can rent a bike with a child trailer on it and cruise down the boardwalk if you want. My kids love being pulled along (although now the two older ones ride faster and better than I do).

How old is your Toddler and when will you be visiting? On the north side of Griffith Park there Travel Town with lots of trains they can climb on and next door on Sunday the LA Steamers are open to the public. You have to be 36" to ride - but they are a lot of fun.

My kids have always enjoyed the Getty Museum as well. You take a tram ride to get up the hill (fun when you are little) and the grounds are huge - they have fun exploring the gardens. Only my older one when he was young enjoyed the actual displays inside the buildings (he still does). If you are here over the summer they often have family concerts in one of the gardens.

Bath, United Kingdom
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 nights in LA with toddler

Thank you. My son is nearly 3. the bike trailer sounds good. Anyone with any hotel recommendations? Not too pricey...thanks.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
26,781 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 nights in LA with toddler

What is your budget per night?

Loews is ideal with kids.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
13,728 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 nights in LA with toddler

Loews would be perfect, the Holiday Inn is in the same area and a cheaper. But see if you can get a good deal with Loews, sometimes it is worth to pay a little extra for a memorable weekend

The Santa Monica Pier has also a kiddie ride section with very tame rides that your 3 year old would enjoy and of course there is the Carousel on the pier you can not miss out on

5. Re: 3 nights in LA with toddler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 14:21