We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

terrible experience, watch your credit card!

Which Santa Monica hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
1 post
Save Topic
terrible experience, watch your credit card!

I stayed in the Delfina for business and the stay was to be directly billed to the company, though I had to give them my card for incidentals. I didn't use any incidentals and checked out the next night. A week later, I found that the hotel had billed me for an additional night several days after my departure. Trying to get anyone at the hotel to deal with this problem has been a nightmare and a huge waste of time. I would strongly advise looking for a hotel that provides better service and safeguards guests' credit cards.

Topanga, California
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: terrible experience, watch your credit card!

How nice of you to sign up for TA today just so you could make this post.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: terrible experience, watch your credit card!

Contact your credit card company and file a complaint. You have been charged for service you did not receive. Should a no brainer fo the CC company.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: terrible experience, watch your credit card!

Don't bother dealing with the hotel, deal with your credit card company. If you weren't even in the LA area when the charges were made, you should have no problem, even if you were, you were presumably staying at another hotel and can demonstrate this.

One of my credit card companies contacted me with a warning of possible fraud when charges at a San Francisco lounge showed up as "New York City" and I had used the card in San Francisco earlier in the evening and the next day. Strangely enough, they wanted me to confirm the next day's SF charges, not the one that showed up as NYC, but still they were alert to the discrepancy (although how they thought it plausible that I could get from the west coast to the east in an hour and half, I don't know. These charges were all at brick and mortar establishments for food, drink, and clothing, with no shipping charges, so...).

Be sure to specify that this is *fraud*, another time I had my entire checking account wiped out when someone got hold of my check card number and used it for a weekend stay at a hotel in SF. They didn't have the card itself, only the number (written down by hand on a regular sheet of paper with a heading "Third Party Credit Authorization", and signed by "Mary Smith in lieu of _My Name_"), but some idiot at Bank of America decided the charges were legit and it wasn't until this idiot said "it sounds like you're saying someone committed fraud with your account, let me put you in touch with our fraud department", that someone with half a brain assured me that the money would be replaced in my account and I need not worry about it any longer.

4. Re: terrible experience, watch your credit card!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 13:19