We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

my tr June 19/23

St-lambert
Level Contributor
947 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
my tr June 19/23

Hello, travelling solo, male in his 40's stayed in Santa Monica for 4 days. I have stayed at the seaview hotel, I did not have a car, so I lilked this hotel being close to everything, within walking distances, room was bg, clean and lost of light, had a little kitchen and fridge, very pratical, and also the have a nice deck, if you eant to have your own happy hour outside. Overhall I was happy with my choice.

First day, Sat, flew in LAX, took the bigblus Blue #3 to my hotel, for 75 cents you can beat this, if you have the time, check inn my room and went for a quick byte, walk on the Santa Monica Pier, to find food, too expensive, finally had lunch on 3rd street promenade. and took it easy for the rest of the day, walking on the beach, and listening to the ocean wave, I am from Montreal, so we have no beaches, I envy people leaving in California. Saturday night went have diner on Main Street, took the Tide Bus, that brings you to Main street for 50 cents, after took a cab to go out to a club , to check the scene, music was ok, too much HipHop, but the change DJ set, it was OK.

Sunday, had breakfast at next door C.ora coffe shop something, line up already at 09:00 AM, eaten at the bar, food good, but too expensive for only eggs plates, oh well, that is vacation anyway. then walk on the beach to Venice, and enjoy the scene, my last time was 15 years ago, it did not change, was a lazy sunday.

Monday, rented a bike, and bike from SM to Manhattan Beach, took all day to do this, at a slow pace, beautiful ride, cycling along the ocean, and had lunch in Manhattan beach, stroll aroung a got back late afternoon. Walk on 3rd street for happy hours, and had diner as well, sorry forgot where I eaten.

Tuesday, Ah, I have rented a BMW Z4, and then drive along the US1 to Santa Barbara, WOW what a nice day, driving a nice sport car, along the coast, visiting downtown Santa Barbara, drove back to SM.

|Wednesday, time to leave for Las Vegas.

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
6,330 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: my tr June 19/23

Sounds like a wonderful trip! Glad you had a good time and thanks for posting a report.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
29,327 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: my tr June 19/23

Sounds like a wonderful few days :)

Gavle, Sweden
Level Contributor
645 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: my tr June 19/23

Liked reading your TR, sounds like you had some really relaxing days in Santa Monica!

/sun

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: my tr June 19/23

Cool. Thanks for taking the time to report back to us.

5. Re: my tr June 19/23

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Santa Monica
Recent Conversations