We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baby friendly hotels

Which Santa Monica hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Baby friendly hotels

hi..

My wife and our 1 year old son thinking about coming to LA in late august for our summer holidays. Looking for a nice 4-5 star hotel preferably on the beach and most importantly, must be child friendly. do you recommend anywhere in particular? We have been looking at santa monica (hotel casa del mar looks quite nice) but very open to suggestions on hotels and areas... we will need baby sitting (whether the hotel offers the service or you know any other services we can rely on?). appreciate your help.. thx

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baby friendly hotels

I'm not sure about baby-sitting services at the various hotels, but in Santa Monica there are four hotels right on the beach - Casa Del Mar as you've already discovered, plus Shutters, Loew's and Le Merigot / JW Marriott. I suggest contacting the hotels or checking their amenities online to find out about baby sitting.

London
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baby friendly hotels

thanks.. have any parents got any experiences of these hotels they can share?

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,574 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baby friendly hotels

Baby friendly in what ways? Can't think of a hotel that's not baby friendly. But if you need baby sitting service that's another matter. Personally I would never trust someone who I have not personally interviewed and have at least 2 or 3 recommendations from people I trust. So I can't help you with that question half way around the world.

London
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baby friendly hotels

by baby friendly i mean maybe they run a kids club / creche and/or baby sitting services so we can also have a few hours here n there to relax!

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,475 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baby friendly hotels

The Loews has a children's club each day for kids - it's like a camp with all kinds of activities on the beach and at the hotel.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,551 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baby friendly hotels

12 hours on a plane with a 1 year old crossing 6 time zones? I'm not sure that's friendly to your baby, the people sitting near you (who will have to deal with the baby's crying, 'baby smells' and fidgeting) and yourselves. Doesn't sound like much of a holiday if you're already looking for ways to get some time to relax away from your baby. Think it over. Is this the best idea? Why not wait a year or 2 -- select some place closer to home, for now.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,574 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Baby friendly hotels

I think a one year old is too young for kids clubs.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Baby friendly hotels

Gotta agree with #6. I don't understand the hassle of traveling with a 1 year old for 6000 miles only to drop the kid with a sitter. PP indicated crossing 6 time zones ... which means an 8 hour time difference.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,475 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Baby friendly hotels

I somehow missed that the child was a 1 year old. I don't know of a babysitting service at any of the hotels, but likely Casa and Shutters have them.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Baby friendly hotels

Santa Monica "Loews Loves Kids"

Most hotels have lists of Babysitters that come to the hotel. Kid's clubs are usually for 3 to 5 years old. Nice to know that you can get cribs, and toys from the staff.

" Loews Loves Kids program sets the standard for family travel to Santa Monica, offering unique services designed to keep your children healthy and happy. From special "kids" clubs, camps and menus to on-call gear, Fisher-Price toys and entertainment, Loews has everything to make travel a pleasure for you and your entire family."

loewshotels.com/en/…family