We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car parking near bayside hotel

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Car parking near bayside hotel

Hi,

Im staying at the bayside hotel next month and wonder where the best place would be to park a hire car. The hotel charges $17 per day, but I wonder whether there is anywhere (nearby) that is cheaper?

Thanks for your help,

Sophie

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,721 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car parking near bayside hotel

There is some street parking nearby on all surrounding streets, but read the signs VERY CAREFULLY. Here's a photo as an example of the street parking

http://www.flickr.com/photos/72934281@N07/8099483077/in/photostream/

Edited: 02 February 2013, 01:01
London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car parking near bayside hotel

Great, thanks!

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,518 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car parking near bayside hotel

Be aware that most street parking in the area is 'metered parking' which, by nature, has a time limit. (note: the presence of parking meters in the pic that Yoga posted). You'll have to 'feed the meters' repeatedly and, technically, once the time is up, you're supposed to move to a different location (you can't simply put more money into the same meter -- although people do get away with that SOMETIMES).

And, since the hotel is in PRIME Santa Monica, it will be difficult to find a place to park. The photo that Yoga posted is atypical -- I've never seen more than one or two (at most) open parking spaces in downtown Santa Monica on the same block at the same time. You'll be parking during the most popular times (early evening -- after a day of touring -- and late evening -- for overnight). It won't be easy to find a space. If it's the weekend, you won't find parking most of the day.

$17 is inexpensive for parking. Some hotels charge $30+. Car Parks in the area would cost almost as much and you'd be walking back and forth to your car. Trust me: the hotel is WELL-PRICED; do yourself a favor and pay the $17. This way, you won't have to wander the neighborhood, a couple of times a day, trying to remember where you put the car. You're spending thousands of dollars on this holiday, what's another $17 per day?

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,721 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car parking near bayside hotel

Actually, I always find parking there (shhhh), and it's free after 6PM, until I believe 9AM. Read the signs. However, it's best to pay the $17 and avoid the $85 ticket if you go over the meter or mis-read a sign.

5. Re: Car parking near bayside hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2014, 05:18