We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus tour to Santa Monica

Which Santa Monica hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Bus tour to Santa Monica

Hi, My family and I (including 2 children) have booked a bus tour of Los Angeles and Santa Monica and we only have a set time in Santa Monica for dinner. We want to be able to walk on the pier and do the touristy thing but then need somewhere close and convenient to the pier to buy a quick meal. I was thinking of subway or mcdonalds for the children, but can't find any in close walking distance. Can anyone local help me with maybe an alternative that is close bye to where we will be collected by the bus near the pier? We don't want a sit down restaurant, just somewhere quick to collect a meal.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,465 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus tour to Santa Monica

There is a McDonalds a few steps from the entrance to the Pier on Colorado near 2nd Street. However, kids and adults love the classic Hot Dog on a Stick with fresh lemonade, which you will see at the base of the Pier on the bike path (next to muscle park/volleyball courts)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus tour to Santa Monica

Thank you for that. This Mcdonalds does not come up on google. I put Mcdonalds in and the closest was about ten blocks away so they need to update their information. So glad a local could help me out. Just wondering, Is there a subway close as well as the adults would probably prefer this?.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus tour to Santa Monica

How about a classic, the original Hot Dog on a Stick stand...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Dog_on_a_Stick

Just south of the pier on the boardwalk. No indoor seating, but heck, you are by the beach.

There are a couple of food stands as part of Pacific Park on the Pier, but they don't look like the best for a quick meal...

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,524 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus tour to Santa Monica

FYI, the pier is packed with cheap, fast food restaurants.

http://santamonicapier.org/food/

Here's the list of the food places in the food court:

www.pacpark.com/food.php…

If you're short on time, you're not going to have time to walk to McDonalds and queue up.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus tour to Santa Monica

There's a subway on the 3rd St. Promenade, in between Santa Monica and Arizona Ave. - about a half a mile from the pier.

You might do well at the food court in the recently remodeled Santa Monica place mall, perhaps 1/4 mile from the pier - its on the block bounded by Broadway Ave., Colorado Ave., 2nd St., and 4th St.

6. Re: Bus tour to Santa Monica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2014, 05:15