We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Monica Accomodation

Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Monica Accomodation

Hi.

My friends and I from Ireland are coming to LA for 4 nights in mid August and are looking to rent a house or apartment. We have found this place and we were wondering what people thought of it in terms of the type of area it's in, as in, is it a safe neighbourhood? Is it in close proximity to bars, beaches, shops, restaurants etc?

http://www.vrbo.com/3562428ha

I have learned from a post my friend wrote that people are not supposed to rent out there houses in Santa Monica but we are thinking we might take a chance on it as there seems to be plenty of places to rent with good reviews.

My only concern with the place I have posted is that the price seems very cheap for the quality of the place(not that im complaining).

Anthony

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Monica Accomodation

Close to beach. Location is fine. For restaurants and bars, there's a good selection on Main Street but most are south of Ocean park Blvd., which looks to be a bit over 1/4 mile from here. Or, heading in the other direction, there's no shortage of stuff once you cross Colorado Ave.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,312 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Monica Accomodation

Great location. The pictures look phony to me though - they look like drawings, not photos. You take a big chance when you rent in Santa Monica.

Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Monica Accomodation

Yes I am a little suspicious of the photos myself and with no reviews I would be a bit hesitant to pay a deposit on it. Do VRBO check these places out by any chance before an advertisement goes up on the site? If it is real I cant believe the price is so good!!

Anthony

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa Monica Accomodation

The city of Santa Monica is using the VRBO site to shut down the short term rentals, so I wouldn't risk it.

If it is listed today, it might be shut down by the time of your trip.

Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santa Monica Accomodation

As it turns out the advertisment was a phony. Got an email off VRBO. Thankfully we didnt transfer any money.

Anthony

6. Re: Santa Monica Accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2014, 06:17