We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A July weekend in Santa Monica accommodation request

Which Santa Monica hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
A July weekend in Santa Monica accommodation request

ElleBeinLA has really been very informative in replies to questions on Santa Monica. I am bringing my 4 year old granddaughter to Santa Monica area for weekend of 18th -21st July and am seeking some local suggestions on where to stay with her. A pool would be really nice,and building sandcastles on the beach is also essential, have a car so whilst am looking for somewhere really nice my budget doesn't stretch to the fancy prices the larger SM hotels are asking and was wondering if anyone could suggest places that would 'fit the bill' ? As a side, I do have an early flight out of LAX on the Monday morning so needs to be reasonably close for not too long a drive in. A little local knowledge goes a long way we say here in the UK !

Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
324 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: A July weekend in Santa Monica accommodation request

Check the SeaShore Motel on Main Street ... Check out their reviews ... But no pool.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,465 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A July weekend in Santa Monica accommodation request

I would see if Loews is in your budget. It's a great, family friendly, hotel with great activities for children, a playground, a great pool, and is on the beach.

The budget friendly hotels with pools would be the Wyndham, the Meridien Delfina, The Shore, Doubletree Suites - none of which are on the beach, but are close by.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A July weekend in Santa Monica accommodation request

All told Santa Monica is not too far from LAX and for the most part none of the hotels in Santa Monica are substantially further from or closer to LAX than any of the others.

Edited: 05 February 2014, 00:47
West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,531 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A July weekend in Santa Monica accommodation request

Another vote for Loews. You haven't told us your budget for the hotel. If the Loews is too expensive, please share your budget (in US $).

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A July weekend in Santa Monica accommodation request

Thanks to all for your interest and a brief check on prices would suggest are nearly all between $400 and $500 a night and am beginning to suspect that if I am going to get something half decent then this is the sort of figure I might have to accept. Marina Del Rey also appears to be asking similar pricing for somewhere with a pool but with the Bay for a beach unless I am mistaken. Appreciate it is the weekend and the height of summer too which doesn't help matters Thanks to you all.

Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
324 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: A July weekend in Santa Monica accommodation request

Sea View Inn is another inexpensive place that has great reviews .... But no pool.

All these places are right next to the beach ... So you don't need a pool in the hotel .. Do you ?

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A July weekend in Santa Monica accommodation request

As 3 year old a little water nymph and never out the water Grandpa doesn't mind watching and joining in a pool but the beach is for sandcastles making and fun and not for swimming in the sea and then covered in sand etc etc - sorry but not for me, butthanks anyway

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,465 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A July weekend in Santa Monica accommodation request

If a pool is very necessary, then stick to the hotels I mentioned. Try to book Loews, it's the most ideal for what you seek.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,531 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A July weekend in Santa Monica accommodation request

It helps if you include your city/country of residence as that will help us to answer your questions more easily. I was going to recommend using hotwire.com for your trip (they offer discounted rooms but do not disclose the name of the hotel until you book -- but they do provide a description) but hotwire's listings are not the same for those searching from the U.S. versus those searching from elsewhere. To add your residency info to your profile, click 'your trip advisor' at the top of the page and edit your profile there.

For your dates, hotwire.com is showing the following for your dates (from a search I'm doing, of course, in the U.S.):

A 4-star hotel in Santa Monica-Venice-Marina del Rey. There are websites that track the hotels that Hotwire offers and based upon their research (and the fact that there are no 4-stars in Venice and only one in Marina del Rey which Hotwire has not, historically offered), the unnamed hotel is most likely to be Le Meridien Delfina in Santa Monica but no matter which 4-star it is, it's a buy so I'd go for it.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A July weekend in Santa Monica accommodation request

"A little local knowledge goes a long way we say here in the UK ! "

Thanks to all for the info and will follow up.