We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

boutique Hotel

ny
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Topic
boutique Hotel

Hi

I am looking to go to Santa Monica at the end of March and want to stay at a trendy Boutique hotel. I have been looking at the Lowes and Fairmount, but if there are any others in the area you can recommend,suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
18,431 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: boutique Hotel

It's always interesting to see what TripAdvisor has for lists. Here is one called "Cool Hotels in Santa Monica:"

tripadvisor.com/HotelsList-Santa_Monica-Bout…

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: boutique Hotel

Lots of choices - many of the nicer hotels in SM are not part of major chains - Shutters, Casa Del Mar, The Huntley are a few to start with. There's also The Ambrose but its much more inland than any of the others.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,586 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: boutique Hotel

Neither Loews nor Fairmont are boutique hotels. Georgian, Huntley and Palihouse are boutique hotels and all wonderul

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,435 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: boutique Hotel

I'm with Elle but would add that none of these boutique hotels are particularly trendy.

For trendy, you need to look somewhere besides Santa Monica. (Besides, Santa Monica in March is nothing special -- it's not Miami; it's cold -- well, warmer than NY but still not 'warm').

a. SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills

b. The Redbury in Hollywood

c. JW Marriott LA at L.A. Live in downtown Los Angeles

d. The Hotel Wilshire at 6317 Wilshire Bl in Beverly Grove (careful, there are lots of hotels with similarly-sounding names).

e. Ace Hotel in downtown L.A.

f. "W" Hotel Los Angeles -- Westwood

g. Hotel Bel-Air

h. Chateau Marmont on the Sunset Strip in West Hollywood

Many of these are pricey!

If you want a trendy, boutique hotel 'at the beach', I'd look at the Hotel Erwin in Venice (just south of Santa Monica). Of the three Santa Monica boutiques, the Georgian has the most character. I wish I could be lazing on the front porch like many do, nursing a drink and watching the sunset.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,586 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: boutique Hotel

There are a few trendy hotels in SM - Palihouse, Shore, Viceroy and Huntley.

6. Re: boutique Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Santa Monica