We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Itinerary... suggestions needed :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
261 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Our Itinerary... suggestions needed :)

We land at LAX (domestic flight) @ 4pm on a Saturday arvo and then have to collect our Hertz rental car. We will drive straight to the Shore Hotel where we have 2 nights accommodation.

Saturday 24th May

With 3 kids (ages 6.5, 4 and 10 months) where would be the best place to get dinner? We will probably wonder down to the pier and possibly 3rd street promenade too but that's it.

Sunday 25th May

Best place for breakfast? keeping in mind our children are up and ready at 7am! :) Are the farmers markets on? Can we get something on the go from that? We will either hang around the beach or go to Griffith Observatory in the morning. We would like to take a drive up the coast, with a possible lunch at Dukes Malibu and then continue to Camarillo Outlets in the arvo.

Monday 26th May

Up and out early as we have 4 days at Disneyland

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
18,666 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our Itinerary... suggestions needed :)

In the downtown Santa Monica area, here are a bunch of dinner places:

Fritto Misto, Hillstone, California Pizza Kitchen, Locando Del Lago, Border Grill, Johnny Rockets (very casual burgers & shakes), along with many, many more!

I can't help with breakfast, it's not something I like to go out for. Others will help, or you can check yelp.com and search the downtown Santa Monica area. Of course, the hotel front desk will be able to help and if all else fails, there's McDonald's!

Great choice to stop by Duke's for lunch. Enjoy the drive through Malibu.

Enjoy Disneyland, too!

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,530 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our Itinerary... suggestions needed :)

For breakfast, I like Jinky's. Here's a map: http://mapq.st/1rgX8cK

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
111 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our Itinerary... suggestions needed :)

Huckleberry on Arizona &10th for breakfast

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,741 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our Itinerary... suggestions needed :)

Huckleberry is on Wilshire and 11th.

Given that you are staying at the Sea Shore Motel, simply walk out of your motel and head in either direction for many many many breakfast options - from M Kitchen all the way to Firehouse Diner. All on Main Street. There's even a breakfast spot next door to your motel.

Carmel, Indiana
Level Contributor
471 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Our Itinerary... suggestions needed :)

Why not do Bubba Gumps at the end of the Pier for dinner? I know touristy...but we're tourists! That's where we are headed the first night. Since we're landlocked in the midwest, we revel in the ocean views.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Our Itinerary... suggestions needed :)

I think they're staying at The Shore, not The Sea Shore (at least based on the original post in this thread) - so the restaurants along Main St. can be easily driven to, but not so much walked to, especially those as far south as Firehouse.

For breakfast, somewhere like Le Pain Quotidien would work, its on Santa Monica blvd. just east of 3rd St. and easily walkable from your hotel. If all else fails there's a McDonalds next to your hotel. The Santa Monica farmer's market on Sunday is on Main St. but doesn't start until 9 or 9:30 AM. The Saturday market is walkable from your hotel at Arizona and 3rd St., but doesn't start until 8:30AM.

In any case, I would just throw it out there as a question, but with jetlag etc. is 7AM a realistic wakeup time? To their bodies, it would be about midnight Syndey time if I'm not mistaken.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
261 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Our Itinerary... suggestions needed :)

Mach3 we are coming from Hawaii and our kids as soon as there is light they are awake! :)

Yep, staying at The Shore Hotel...

Thinking maybe Johnny Rockets for dinner?? I love CPK but we will probably do that in Hawaii a few times as its easy with the kids. Bubba Gumps was a huge wait last time we where at the Pier so gave up.

Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
324 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Our Itinerary... suggestions needed :)

Yes you could definitely get breakfast at the Sunday Farmers' Market on Main Street in Santa Monica ... They have lots of hot food stands ... People come from all over with their kids for the breakfasts, the pony rides and the petting zoo ... It's quite a happening place on Sunday mornings.

Philadelphia...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Our Itinerary... suggestions needed :)

What is Lincoln a street we are coming in June for a few days and my husband will go crazy over hot rods he doesn't want to go but if there is something to lure him I might have a chance that is in Santa Monica

Edited: 15 May 2014, 01:03
Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,741 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Our Itinerary... suggestions needed :)

Lincoln is a BLVD in Santa Monica.