We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

babysitting service

Which Santa Rosa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
133 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
babysitting service

can anyone recommend a reputable babysitting service in the santa rosa area? tia.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: babysitting service

Where are you staying? How old/how many kids?

new york
Level Contributor
133 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: babysitting service

it would be for one child in santa rosa (still looking at hotels). since i have points at some hotel options, i might pick my hotel that way vs. just looking for one that offers in-house babysitting (which i've found is not necessarily better and sometimes worse than reputable local agencies that offer short term services to traveling families).

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,857 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: babysitting service

I would not search for a baby sitting service on a travel forum or any other social media. Any one of us could pretend our axe murderer mother-in-law or our pedophile uncle was a "reputable" baby sitting service.

No reputable hotel is going to recommend a sub par baby sitting service. Their reputation, unlike ours, is at stake.

A little common sense is needed here.

new york
Level Contributor
133 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: babysitting service

this isn't the only place i'm checking for recommendations, but it can be helpful to ask on a site like this because you can compare info here with other info. and to be clear, i was looking for people who had good experiences with agencies (the kind with long-term licenses, verifiable background check procedures, and other data that can be cross-checked), not just mom and pop types who claim to provide a babysitting service. of course one should not hire child care based on tripadvisor alone.

Healdsburg, CA
Level Contributor
476 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: babysitting service

This woman, http://www.sonomacountynanny.com/, came by and dropped off her information at our hotel recently, and she seemed nice and reputable, however we have never actually had anyone use her. www.care.com is a good resource, you do have to pay, but for many sitters you can get a background check and other information.

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
14,081 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: babysitting service

Very few places offer their own in-house service (for liability reasons). But most larger properties in the area should be able to refer you to a reliable service that their guests have used in the past. Contact the concierge at the Hyatt Vineyard Creek and I'll bet they can help you (even if you haven't booked there yet).

7. Re: babysitting service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2014, 01:15