We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

favorite spot for anniversary????

Which Sausalito hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
favorite spot for anniversary????

My husband and I live in NYC and will be taking our first trip away from our 3 year old twins. We need to recharge and rekindle...someplace very special but not outrageously expensive. Trip would be late Sept/Oct. . Any absolutely favorite spots/hotels?? We enjoy nature, adventure, off the beaten path, eating great food , hiking, and relaxing by the water. Help!

Thanks sooooooooo much!!!!!

Sincerely,

Annie

Dallas
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: favorite spot for anniversary????

Hope it's not to late. I used to live there a few years ago so my info is not the most up to date. Sounds like you guys like the same things that my wife and i enjoy so let me give you a list of what we used to do. There are only a few hotels in Sausalito and it looks like you should cancel the "Alta Mura" off your list based on the horrible reviews lately. The other hotels are all pretty nice. They are expensive however. There are other hotels around further north in Marin that maybe cheaper. My parents used to visit us and stay at Marriott Courtyard Larkspur Landing. This was a nice hotel at the time and was conveinanlty located next to the ferry over to SF.

We used to love to eat in Larkspur at "The Lark Creek Inn"

We loved Muir Woods and Muir Beach for wine and cheese picnics.

We love to go and hike up on Mt Tamalpais. When we went to Wine country we avoided Napa and instead loved Sonoma/Healdsberg/Russian River. Downtown Healdsberg is beautiful with great places to eat. Take the drive up to Stinson Beach, it's beautiful. About 45 min up the coast. If you drive up to Stinson go further up to PT Reyes National Seashore. They have great trails and great little resturants tuck away here and there.

If you have lot's of time go and drive up to Mendocino Coast. That place has spectatcular views and B&B's. Also we would go to Tiburon (next to Sausalito) and have drinks at Sam's on the water. Hope this helps. If i think of more i will add to it.

2. Re: favorite spot for anniversary????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 04:17