We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking time to GG Bridge?

Which Sausalito hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
K30
Cornwall
Level Contributor
593 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Walking time to GG Bridge?

Hi, could anyone tell me how long it takes to walk from Sausalito (the waterfront area) to the Golden Gate Bridge?

Thanks!

Sausalito, CA
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking time to GG Bridge?

Sorry I had not yet joined the site when this was first posted.

I have never made that walk (on my list of things to do) but it's about 3 miles if you just walk up the normal driving route, and about 4 miles if you go through Fort Baker. The longer walk has more level ground followed by a steep ascent, the auto route has a longer but still steep ascent.

Total vertical climb is about 220 feet from the ferry to the Bridge. Of course, going from the Bridge to the ferry is mostly downhill!

Timing will vary based on your walking style and speed, but hopefully those distances give you a good idea.

2. Re: Walking time to GG Bridge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 14:18