We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DO NOT DO NOT try to use Marin Door to Door...just a warning

Laguna Hills...
1 post
Save Topic
DO NOT DO NOT try to use Marin Door to Door...just a warning

Do not use this service. I had a Noon pick up time that was confirmed twice. Once the day before they called since their system deleted my credit card expiration number. I was told that they would call in the evening to confirm an exact time. That call never came so I called at 7am in the morning. I was told that Noon was my time. At 12:15 I called them back since my shuttle had not come yet and was told there were delays at the Airport (not so sure about this since it was a clear sunny day) and for sure, I guarantee you the driver will be there at 12:50. That is almost an hour late...I was annoyed but willing to wait. At 12:53 still no shuttle. After 5 minutes the office gets a hold of the driver and he says 25 more minutes...at this point I would have missed my plane if I did not make other arrangements. My sick Grandfather 85 yrs old had to drive me down to Oakland from Santa Rosa. The girl in the office had not alternative options for me. Shame on you Marin Door to Door you need to get your act together. I expect a big apology this is no way to run a business! FYI there are tons of bad reviews on Yelp too. I read them but still tried to give them the benefit of the doubt...there is a reason for the reviews...they are the truth. Marin Door to Door does NOT deliver.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,240 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DO NOT DO NOT try to use Marin Door to Door...just a warning

Well, after reading negative reviews on Yelp I am wondering why you gave them "the benefit of the doubt". I would have run very fast in the other direction.

Maybe it is shame on you for being, ummm, not the best consumer?

I hope you add your negative review on yelp so that others may benefit from your bad experience....sorry it happened.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DO NOT DO NOT try to use Marin Door to Door...just a warning

Sorry to be blunt but this is more a case of "shame on you" for reading bad reviews and plowing ahead on a wing-and-a-prayer. Especially when the pre-pickup service was so bad that alarm bells should have been going off.

If you were departing from Santa Rosa (Sonoma County), why chose "Marin Door to Door" anyway? And why post in the Sausalito forum?

If you had asked these forums beforehand we would have told you the same thing.

At least you've learned and next time will find an alternative such as www.airportexpressinc.com/schedule_oak.html

Edited: 14 August 2010, 15:31
3. Re: DO NOT DO NOT try to use Marin Door to Door...just a warning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2011, 06:18