We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bike rental in sausalito for exploring

nidhi14jan
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
bike rental in sausalito for exploring

We are planning to visit Sausalito for a day from SF in the next couple of weeks. We have a 2 year old toddler. The plan is to take the ferry to and from Sausalito and explore the town on bike. Any suggestions for bike rentals close to the ferry terminal in Sausalito. We will require a trailer too for my daughter.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,440 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bike rental in sausalito for exploring

Sausalito is a very small town. Unless someone enlightens me I don't think you need a bike to explore it. Or would want one.

It has wonderful views of San Francisco, a Bay Model which you might want to see and Marine Mammal Center. I don't think you need bikes to see these.

Many people bike across the Golden Gate Bridge to end up in Sausalito and then take the ferry back to the city. Is this what you were thinking of?

Edited: 14 April 2012, 05:21
nidhi14jan
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bike rental in sausalito for exploring

Nope....we don't think we have the energy to bike the GGB with a toddler in tow. We want to experience the ferry ride (which discounts taking the car) so I thought biking around the town is a good option. Do you suggest exploring on foot instead?

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,440 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bike rental in sausalito for exploring

Well, the Sausalito people are going to flame me, but I don't know any sights in Sausalito that would require a bike to see, or much to explore, frankly.

As I said, it is a very small town, and tourist oriented with restaurants and shops. You can do it splendidly on foot.

Its main claim to fame is the view of the city and good restaurants.

I am interested in how you got your impression that it should be "explored" on a bicycle.

4. Re: bike rental in sausalito for exploring

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 19:43