We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inn Above the Tide and Cavallo Point

Marina del Rey...
1 post
Save Topic
Inn Above the Tide and Cavallo Point

I booked a King Fireplace room at Inn Above the Tide and a Contemporary King at Cavallo Point. I am going to SF to scatter my mom's ashes with Neptune Society near Golden Gate. I'm going with my boyfriend and reframing it as a beautiful celebration of my mom's life. Any suggestions on which place to stay? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Cavallo Point
Cavallo Point
1,056 Reviews
Sausalito, CA
Golden Gate Park
Golden Gate Park
8,481 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
56,212 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inn Above the Tide and Cavallo Point

They are both nice hotels and i suggest you read the reviews on TA and decide. We love the Cavallo Point. Inn. It is a nice relatively secluded place to reflect especially for the reasons you are coming to the Bay Area for

Mentioned in this post
Cavallo Point
Cavallo Point
1,056 Reviews
Sausalito, CA
San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inn Above the Tide and Cavallo Point

Inn Above the Tide is "downtown" Sausalito. Now, Sausalito is not a large place but you are right in the middle of the commercial area. A nice one, but still.

Cavallo Point is more secluded and there is not much else in the area (BA Discovery Museum, I suppose). There is much more opportunity for a private wander and reflection, IMO, there than at the Inn Above the Tide.

That said, they are both very nice spots so from that standpoint you can't make a bad choice. It's important, on this occasion, to consider what you need.

Best wishes.

Mentioned in this post
Sausalito
Sausalito
Marin County, CA
Cavallo Point
Cavallo Point
1,056 Reviews
Sausalito, CA
3. Re: Inn Above the Tide and Cavallo Point

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2013, 10:18