We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining with a view of San Francisco Skyline

Vienna
Level Contributor
298 posts
499 reviews
Save Topic
Dining with a view of San Francisco Skyline

I was wondering if there is dining with a view other than pricey. Have dined at The Spinnaker several times, maybe check out this time another restaurant. Before I receive recommendations to check open table: Don't know if open table also works for visitors? (if I'm for instance supposed to furnish a phone number or cell phone that already would not be doable.) I will have my group members take the ferry and then I'll pick them up. I'd prefer non-european cuisine. Will be visiting mid-week.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
The Spinnaker
The Spinnaker
1,221 Reviews
Sausalito, CA
Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,165 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining with a view of San Francisco Skyline

We enjoyed a wonderful lunch at Scoma's in Sausalito on our 40th anniversary trip to SF. The food and wine list are excellent, and the view of Alcatraz and SF across the bay is spectacular.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
56,026 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining with a view of San Francisco Skyline

Trident and Scoma's are two with views. You can book on open table. It has nothing to do with having a local number You can check menus and see of that is in your price point Another option is to look at Tiburon if you have been to Sausalito often and check Sams cafe

Mentioned in this post
The Trident
The Trident
1,002 Reviews
Sausalito, CA
Tiburon
Tiburon
Marin County, CA
Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
18,741 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining with a view of San Francisco Skyline

Re: Pricey

You can always DIY. Buy take-outs from your favorite restaurant. Enjoy it at this spot:

http://goo.gl/kSpdHg

You have exactly the same view as Trident and Scoma's. I do that sometimes. Just watch out for those hungry seagulls.

Mentioned in this post
The Trident
The Trident
1,002 Reviews
Sausalito, CA
Vienna
Level Contributor
298 posts
499 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining with a view of San Francisco Skyline

Thank you. Trident and Scoma's are $$$.

Tiburon is a great idea, but does fit in my current plans (however, I always remember good tips, and I certainly will visit the Bay area again.)

Still unsure. Maybe we will dine at Napa Valley Burger and then do what HappyFeet1234 recommended. (what a nice idea to send me google street view link) *smile*

Mentioned in this post
The Trident
The Trident
1,002 Reviews
Sausalito, CA
Tiburon
Tiburon
Marin County, CA
San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining with a view of San Francisco Skyline

Take a look at Le Garage in Sausalito. A little further north but certainly walkable. IMO the others mentioned are almost the same sort of tourist traps as found at Fisherman's Wharf.

Mentioned in this post
Le Garage
Le Garage
284 Reviews
Sausalito, CA
Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
170 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dining with a view of San Francisco Skyline

Le Garage has a "view" of boat slips. If in Tiburon, A Caprice has great views and isn't all that pricey, more for locals.

Mentioned in this post
Le Garage
Le Garage
284 Reviews
Sausalito, CA
Tiburon
Tiburon
Marin County, CA
7. Re: Dining with a view of San Francisco Skyline

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 05:16