We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pack Jack Bar-B-Que Inn? and other questions

Vacaville...
Level Contributor
676 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Pack Jack Bar-B-Que Inn? and other questions

Can you tell me if this place still exists? If it's closed can anyone recommend a restaurant like this in Sebastopol...

How about this Jose Matos Cheese factory, does this exist? If so, what's that like...

Going there this weekend for some antique shopping, any recommendations?

Thanks.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,828 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pack Jack Bar-B-Que Inn? and other questions

A devastating fire closed down Pack Jack's a couple yrs ago and to my knowledge they haven't reopened anywhere else. Last I recall, the sad remains of their bldg. are still there. Other than Red Rock Cafe's "Back Door Barbeque" in Napa, I can't think of another place--I'm not much of a BBQ fan. Joe Matos is still churning out specialty cheeses. Their facility on Llano Rd. is open most days of the wk., I believe, but give them a call to make sure they'll be open when you're in the area: (707) 584-5283. My favorite antique shopping is at the Antique Society in Sebastopol (off So. Gravenstein Hwy. at the southern outskirts of town). I also liked the Sebastopol Antique Mall, but they are closing and I think their sale ends this wk. If you travel along Gravenstein Hwy. you'll come to any number of interesting antique shops. Healdsburg also has a number of great antique shops inc. Mill St. Antiques which is not far so. of the Plaza.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,828 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pack Jack Bar-B-Que Inn? and other questions

Forgot to say that if you can't find a BBQ place to eat at and will be in Sebastopol, I highly recommend lunch at the Sebastopol Brewing Co. (230 Petaluma Ave.) Casual, friendly atmosphere in a neat old stone bldg., and very good "down home" food at reasonable prices. They might even have some barbequed ribs on the menu!

Vacaville...
Level Contributor
676 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pack Jack Bar-B-Que Inn? and other questions

Thanks, I did check out the Brew company's website and their menu. Looks like it fits with our lunch plan.

Sorry to hear the Antique Mall will be closed, we love those kind of places. We already have the Antique Society on the list now too, thanks again and if anything else comes to mind for "something to see and do" let me know.

Lori (the chick)

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,828 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pack Jack Bar-B-Que Inn? and other questions

If you have time while you're in Sebastopol, go to Florence Ave. which is so. off #116 (Healdsburg Ave.) and no. of Bodega Ave. You'll soon see a number of "junk art" sculptures in the front yards of the charming homes on that street. Park and walk so you can get a close look at the art. They are BIG, fun and whimsical and as you examine each sculpture you'll see familiar components like car parts, bathroom fixtures, tools--and just about every piece of this-and-that imaginable, all creatively put together to form people, animals, vehicles, etc. I never get tired of walking along that street!

Vacaville...
Level Contributor
676 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pack Jack Bar-B-Que Inn? and other questions

Forestvillian-we had a wonderful day in Sebastopol. Great suggestion about Florence "art" street, really cool and we would never have seen it if you hadn't told us about it-------thanks!

The Antique Society was a great experience, never felt crowded even though there were lots of people there. We went across the road to the other one there (can't remember their name) then to the School House Antiques, Llano House Antiques, and one other little one on the side of the road. Brewing company was just okay, they were busy so that left a little to be desired on service but they were apologetic. We had burgers not a big deal. But I did want to tell you as we rode past the site of the "Pack Jack Bar-B-Que" there were some guys working on the building...so MAYBE they're fixing it up??? who knows.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,828 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pack Jack Bar-B-Que Inn? and other questions

Glad you had a nice visit to Sebastopol--and the weather was ideal, wasn't it? Florence St. really is a hidden treasure. We always try to take visitors there and everyone enjoys the unique art! As luck would have it, I had lunch at Sebastopol Brewery on Sat. too. They'd changed their menu from the last time I was there over the summer and unfortunately, it didn't have as many selections. We had Caesar and spinach salads which were quite good, but the calamari was just OK. And the service WAS slow for us, too. The owner told us that they're going to be adding more menu items in the future. I'll keep my eye on the Pack Jack building--maybe by the time you visit again it'll be reopened!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pack Jack Bar-B-Que Inn? and other questions

FYI, D's Diner in Sebastopol has good bbq...it's closer to downtown on Healdsburg Avenue...

8. Re: Pack Jack Bar-B-Que Inn? and other questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Sebastopol