We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Party Venues

Which Solana Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Escondido...
Level Contributor
47 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Party Venues

I am looking for a place to hold a birthday party for a family member in or near Solana Beach in July. I was told Solana Beach had a community center, but I cannot find any info about it on the web. We need room for about 50 people. Thanks for any help.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,663 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Party Venues

Solana Beach has parks, beaches and recreation centers but these would not be places to hold an indoor birthday party. I t i s possible that the relative who lives there lives in a housing development that has its own community center that could be rented for a party.

There are also many restaurants,hotels etc. that have rooms for special occasions as well as country clubs.

InCalifornia many events in July are held outdoors because it doesn't rain at that time of year. a barbecue or beach/park picnic can be quite lovely.Do you have a budget in mind?Does anyone in the family live closer?

Escondido...
Level Contributor
47 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Party Venues

Having the party outside only is not really an option as it is for an 80th bday party and while San Diego weather is gorgeous, I know it would not work for the guest of honor.

The family member lives in San Diego, but we are planning the party so the "finding" of a place is up to us. Our budget is in the moderate range.

Any ideas?

San Marcos, CA
Level Contributor
260 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Party Venues

Solana Beach has two community centers: La Colonia Community Center (715 Valley Avenue) (858) 793-2564, and Fletcher Cove Community Center (133 Pacific Avenue). I don't know much information about either. Any particular reason why you are choosing Solana Beach?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,663 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Party Venues

I am not sure what you r idea of "moderate' is so here is a link to a nearby restaurant that has facilities for a private party.

www.weddingcompass.com/LocationDetails.cfm…

Take a look,call and see how much,and then let us know what you rbudget might be per person etc.

Escondido...
Level Contributor
47 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Party Venues

Thanks for the ideas. I had already checked on Fletcher Cove and it is under renovation and unavailable, but will check the other community center.

Will also check out the Brigantine.

It does not have to be in Solana Beach, it is just in between the family members that are going to be gathering. Some live in North County, some to the south. Also, there is a possibility that we will be renting a home there to stay in and since I am the cook, it would be convenient to be close to where we are staying.

We don't really have a per person budget, but more thinking of how much it would cost for a rental, since we are planning on catering ourselves. I would not want to pay more than $500 for a hall/building to rent. The perfect set up would be to rent a home large enough that we could gather in. We are expecting about 30 people and want to do it as an open house, so hopefully we would not have everyone there at once. Then, I could also do the cooking at the same place we would be holding the party and that would be convenient. So, if anyone has a lead to a nice home that is available for a week the end of July (max per week $1800), then please pass it on. The closer to the water the better.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,663 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Party Venues

For rental houses take a look at www.vrbo.com

This is a site where individual people rent out their own homes.

Many visitors have used this site succesfully.

Escondido...
Level Contributor
47 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Party Venues

Thanks so much. Yes, I have been to this site many times since we visit San Diego often. www.greatrentals.com is also another good site.

But even after looking, I am not quite finding what I want and hope that maybe someone that does not do a lot of advertising has a home.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,663 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Party Venues

Here's another idea nearby-aB&b that says it is good for family reunions etc.

http://www.seabreeze-inn.com/

Solana Beach
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Party Venues

Hi,

I have a couple of suggestions for you. The Lomas Sante Fe Country Club is a very pretty setting and is a family friendly club.

One half mile north of Solana Beach in Cardiff is Ki's restaurant. They have an upstairs patio across the beach on HWY 101. Beautiful sunset location with great food/ full bar.

Our favorite sushi restaurant, Masuo's, has a great back patio that is perfect for parties.

The La Colonia community center is nothing fancy. A big white room that will need a lot of accommodation to fix up.

Maybe if you could rent one of the common rooms from one of the condos in Solana Beach -Del Mar beach club comes to mind

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Party Venues

Del Mar is two miles south of Solana Beach. Del Mar's Powerhouse Community Center is really beautiful.... See the City's website for information www.delmar.ca.us/Visitors/FacilityUse.htm