We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging : Hadsten vs Solvang Gardens vs Wine Valley ??

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,258 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging : Hadsten vs Solvang Gardens vs Wine Valley ??

Ok..I think I can finally say that we have decided on staying in Solvang. I am debating between Wine Valley Inn, Solvang Garden Lodge or the Hadsted House. I see the Hadsted as being #1 for hotels and Solvang Garden Lodge #1 for B&B here on TA but I have seen littel else written for Hadsten House.

Does anyone know about this establishment?

Hollywood, ca
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging : Hadsten vs Solvang Gardens vs Wine Valley ??

I stayed there in May. Never been to the other places, so I can't compare.

Hadsten House is an updated motor hotel, meaning it's set up like a U and you can park your car in front of your room. The rooms have all been updated pretty much straight out of a Pottery Barn or Restoration Hardware catalog. The beds were nice and the bathroom was nicely set up. Sink and dressing area outside and toilet and bath inside with a large sliding door.

Walls were slightly thinner than at a boutique hotel so there was a little noise from outside/next door rooms, but not that bad.

We didn't eat in the restaurant but went to the free wine happy hour. Was a nice touch, but wine tasting in town is probably better. But, hey, free!

It's located kind of at the end of town, but the whole town is tiny, so it was still easy to walk around.

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,258 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging : Hadsten vs Solvang Gardens vs Wine Valley ??

Thanks,slackerlida. I appreciate your review. I haven't read a bad one yet

Hollywood, ca
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging : Hadsten vs Solvang Gardens vs Wine Valley ??

Our friends room was closer to the main road and they said it was noisy, so you might request a room towards the back of the property.

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,258 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging : Hadsten vs Solvang Gardens vs Wine Valley ??

Thanks for the tip!

5. Re: Lodging : Hadsten vs Solvang Gardens vs Wine Valley ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 12:18
Get answers to your questions about Solvang