We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half Marathon in May - Stay in Solvang or SB?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Half Marathon in May - Stay in Solvang or SB?

Background: I'm planning a trip in May from the East Coast to run the Santa Barbara Wine Country Marathon in the Solvang area. We arrive Thursday 5/6 at LAX and are driving directly to the Santa Barbara area. The race is Saturday morning 5/8 at 7:00am. We'll be leaving to head back towards LA on Sunday.

Dilemma: I'm trying to decide where to stay from Thurs-Sun...either in the Solvang area or in Santa Barbara. I know its about a 40min drive to Solvang from SB, but will we run out of things to do in Solvang by staying there 3 nights?

Also, it seems like the little inns in the Solvang area are pricey for what you could get in Santa Barbara...but is it worth the extra r&r?

Has anyone done the race before and have any recommendations for out-of-towners on whether its best to stay in the area?

Thanks for your help!!!

1. Re: Half Marathon in May - Stay in Solvang or SB?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2010, 08:16