We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

General Info for Honeymoon...

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
General Info for Honeymoon...

Hi,

We'll be heading to Sonoma/Napa for a short honeymoon in early June, and I'm trying to figure out the best spot to stay toward the end of the trip.

Things that we've already booked include staying at a nice B&B in Healdsburg for the first couple of nights (Tues/Wed), and reservations at the French Laundry on the Friday night.

So we're trying to find a good location as a home-base for the Thursday and Friday nights to fit the following criteria:

- more affordable (since we're spending a lot on the above-mentioned items, and would like to do much winery-touring)

- clean, but doesn't need to be too fancy, since we won't be there much.

- somewhat central---near both Sonoma and Napa. I figure that the drive might be too long to Santa Rosa from the French Laundry on the Friday night?

Any help or suggestions would be a great help!

Thanks.

Sonoma Valley Wine Trolley
Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Sonoma Adventures
Wine Tours & Tastings , Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Bike Tours
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: General Info for Honeymoon...

We stayed at the Napa Valley Redwood Inn recently for a trip to Napa Valley. It is located at the North end of the city of Napa, in what we felt was a good location. The hotel is really more of a motel, but we felt that it was clean, and at $67 a night, it was the best value I came across. For your honeymoon, you might want something a bit nicer (i know that I did), but I really thought the Redwood Inn did a nice job for what we were looking for.

Level Contributor
36,935 posts
946 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: General Info for Honeymoon...

The Yountville Inn in is very nice. Spacious rooms with patios, beautifully presented buffet breakfast, swimmining pool and jazcuzzi. It is located near Domaine Chandon winery. They also will provide you with some complemintary tasting passes to local wineries. Ask the concierge about this. Cheers! :)

Toronto
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: General Info for Honeymoon...

Don't know how low price you want to go or what their prices are currently, but check out The Vineyard Country Inn - I've stayed there a few times and loved it - perfect for a honeymoon or romantic getaway.