We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port Tasting around Sonoma / Santa Rosa

Which Sonoma hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North San Diego...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Port Tasting around Sonoma / Santa Rosa

Greetings,

�� �� �� �� �� �� ��My wife and I will be driving from San Jose to Santa Rosa for a long weekend soon. We both enjoy Port very much and were wondering if there are any recommendations for wineries that we could check out on our way or that may be close to Santa Rosa.

�� �� �� �� �� �� �� Much Thanks

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,822 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port Tasting around Sonoma / Santa Rosa

Since tasting rooms will pour a variety of wines, they may not be offering a port on any given day--so best to call ahead. Try your favorite Sonoma vintners first. A few suggestions: Korbel Cellars (on River Rd. nr. Guerneville) produces ports, sherries and brandies. Hopefully, they will be pouring at least one of these. Benziger Winery (1883 London Ranch Rd., Glen Ellen) has a nice port and you can check w/their tasting rm: (888) 490-2739. Also, the wine collective, Locals, in Geyserville MIGHT be offering ports (www.tastelocalwine.com). The days they're open are a bit quirky and as I recall, they're closed a couple days during the wk, so be sure to check ahead.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Port Tasting around Sonoma / Santa Rosa

Prager Winery and Port Works is in Napa Valley, but produces about 6 kinds of port--and only port. I've been there several times and enjoy it. They're located in St. Helena on Hwy 29. The other reply is correct: some wineries serve port, call and check. Korbel does have a good one.

penngrove
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Port Tasting around Sonoma / Santa Rosa

go to kaz winery in kenwood. red port, white port, blush port and sryah port.

www.kazwinery.com