We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging in Sonoma

Which Sonoma hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lodging in Sonoma

The Lodge at Sonoma (Renaissance Resort & Spa) has received good reviews on tripadvisor. We're thinking about staying there for a quick two day trip from SF. Based on the reviews, many people had reservations but then got upgrades (to the cottages) when they checked in. I assume they are all Marriott points people--which we are not. Have any of you stayed there who were not points members and gotten an upgrade? As most of the reviews talk about the cottages, I am interested to know if the standard rooms are nice or is it just the cottages that make it worth the stay?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging in Sonoma

This is an interesting question. We stayed in a cottage (reserved it with points, were not upgraded). My impression is that the rooms in the lodge are nice, but they are similar (if not identical) to the standard hotel room setup. What you will not get in the lodge rooms (if I understand correctly) is the fireplace and the soaking tub with separate shower stall. Otherwise, I would think the amenities (i.e. bed, linens, etc...) would be very similar.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about this from other folks. I would love to go back (to both the hotel and Sonoma) and want to know if you get an equally good experience from the lodge rooms.

dctravel

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,711 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging in Sonoma

Had you considered staying nearer town where you can walk to the Plaza and the restaurants and wine tasting?

I have a problem with the highway location of the Lodge, personally.

The Inn at Sonoma is just 1/2 block or so from the Plaza and is a Four Sisters property.

http://innatsonoma.com/

San Francisco
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging in Sonoma

We're going with our two kids and would love to stay by the Plaza but can't find a place that accommodates more than 2 people in a room, including the Inn of Sonoma.

Level Contributor
34,460 posts
889 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging in Sonoma

Hi, if you want to stay closer to the Plaza, check out the Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn there. It is very ocnducive to families, there is an outdoor pool, jacuzzi and complimentary breakfast here. Enjoy Sonoma with your family! :)

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,711 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodging in Sonoma

It is true that the BW is nearer the Plaza, but it is not near the quality of the Lodge. Under the circumstance of needing more room I would definitely choose the Lodge.

6. Re: Lodging in Sonoma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2010, 06:18